Everyone's favorite Watermelon Game for PICO-8.
How to Play
Drop fruits and merge fruits that are alike.
Now try to get the watermelon and get a higher score than your friends.
- 2023-10-29 - Updated music, wiki texts, and fruit graphics. Added a more performant and accurate circle collision for the fruit, tweaked physics to not launch the fruit into the stratosphere (most of the time) and shouldn't sleep when dropping (crossing fingers).
- 2023-10-26 - Added music, game over screen now properly goes to intro, tweaked drop sound effect
- 2023-10-19 - Tweaked physics, bag for next fruits implemented, added persimon in the drop bag
- 2023-10-18 - Fixed cantaloupe melon merge to water melon, tweaked physics more and bumping up friction
- 2023-10-18 - Added wiki, moved debug to menu, tweaked physics, fruit that exited the box on game over is now highlighted
Wonky physics aside, changing what "game over" means by adding the requirement for a fruit that's at the top of the screen to be currently colliding with a fruit that's currently colliding with a fruit that's... currently colliding with a fruit that's currently colliding with the floor, or something like that, might be a good patch.
Also, I've noticed a bug that may not have been reported yet. Occasionally, fruit will get stuck where they spawn at the top of the screen. This can cause subsequent fruit placed at that location to get pushed above the kill ceiling, which above patch should also solve (as the floating fruits are not colliding with the floor).
Needless to say, I finally got a watermelon. Can't wait to see this game patched, it'd be a good casual game.
Updated the game with more performant and accurate circle collision physics, which takes less toll on the PICO-8 CPU budget (which reduces the risk of glitching). Physics tweaked to not launch the fruit to the stratosphere (hopefully).
It also has some updated graphics, music and wiki texts among other small changes.
I finally got the watermelon, for real!
This was actually my second time getting it. The first time, one of the fruits immediately jumped off the screen. The next task is to somehow get 2 watermelons to pop together, but it's most likely unfeasible for me.
Best Score: 3109
@Polar_Opposite There are some ways:
If you have a copy of PICO-8: Go to SPLORE and look the game up on featured carts or search for ”suika demake”. This will be downloaded in a cache folder IIRC.
If you need to play it on an emulator: Click on ”Cart” link beneath the game above to download the cart png. Put that png file in your device’s cart directory (or drag and drop it into PICO-8 client).
- If you have the Itch client: IIRC you can download the web version on itch.io
[Please log in to post a comment]