Nemonic Crypt is a self-made-bullet-hell-lite-roguelike.
Fight your way through 5 randomly generated floors in search of all 6 crystals.
Each Crystal can be used as a weapon against the monsters in each room, but beware: the strength and number of monsters will also grow as you adventure further into the crypt.
If you miss an enemy with a shot, the energy bullet will bounce around the level, giving it another opportunity to hit. However, the crystals energy bullets can also damage you!
- Randomly generated crypt layout
- Daily Crypt that is the same for all players and repeatable throughout the day
- 6 Different monsters, each with different tactics
- Switch between 19 unlockable color palettes
- Full range 360degree firing angles
- cool looking dash
- Possibility for cool trick-shots
- A palette is unlocked for getting 100% accuracy and another for 0% accuracy. accuracy is bullets hit over bullets fired. There is no floor requirement for this palette!
- The paint palettes are unlocked through total kills, with monochrome being unlocked at 1000 kills!
- Too easy? press all arrow keys at once outside of the crypt to enable hard mode!
- Fixed bug where player gets stuck I wall (I hope)
- Light code cleanup and token mining
- Broadened requirements for nemo skin
- Made "hold o" only show up when walking on the ground floor
- Adjusted cart image
- Added Secrets to BBS thread
- Learned the difference between palette and pallet
- Actually learned the difference between palette and pallet
- Fixed game breaking bug that would soft-lock game if bullet fired when downed
- Fixed results screen text
- Adjusted cart image
Special thanks to:
Wow! Incredible amount of polish and content here! The aiming mechanic is super unique and turns shooting into a kind of rhythm-timing challenge in a very unique way, plus the dash feels very satisfying. Having both a daily challenge synchronized for all players as well as unlocking different palettes adds a lot of replay value to the game. This is really good!
This is so good! I’ll definitely be coming back to this again and again. My only nitpick is the sound that plays when you hit an enemy - has a very “tink” sound, like it’s bouncing off of a metal surface and doesn’t make an impact (even though that’s not the case). Otherwise, really good game!
this has got to be one of the best pico-8 games I've played so far. the only minor bugs I've found are that the reset unlocks option doesn't work and if you press the button opposite of the direction you are facing right after starting a dash you don't move during the dash
[Please log in to post a comment]