Hey guys, a little update after a few years :)
- Golfing strokes (with angle / height / strength inputs)
- Change state/colors when the ball is hidden
- Level builder
Arrow keys to move the ball,
Z and X to change between maps (used for block testing)
When I was starting programming this Flash experiment by André Michelle really struck me.
It had beauty, conciseness, and I could see the (at the time really cryptic to me) code.
This cartridge is a humble and sort of crude hommage to this good memory
Ideas for performance improvement, increasing particle quantity:
- Maybe using QuadTrees to avoid looping through too far away neighbours
Use arrow keys to move Blob
Z to Attract
X to Repulse
Windy is really moody today... maybe the weather will get better if you play a little bit with her.
My first cartridge is this little physics demo.
Had lots of fun learning PICO-8 with this!
Sorry but there is no playability yet.
Who knows, maybe i'll work a little bit more on it.
Code will be updated over here: https://github.com/cauli/PicoBox
- Now using a faster trifill algorithm by nusan (borrowed from Pico8 3d Renderer by orange451)
- Added ripple effect
- Jump with camera movement
- Improved stability by using sqrt0
- Reduced number of trifill seam glitches drastically
- Improved performance by reducing the number of tris/quad from 4:1 to 2:1, yet maintaining graphic quality
- Particles fly beyond the screen
- You can make Windy jump to nowhere using Z+X