I have another game for you all! This one is called Lil' Bugger, in which you drop bugs into a little boy's sandbox to make even bigger bugs and score points. It was originally meant for the MiniJam in April, but in my classic fashion, I didn't finish it within the jam's timeline. The theme this time was bugs and the limitation was: You are the bad guy (hence Lil' Baby Bobby's never ending tears)
The game is loosely based on the tabletop strategy game Tiny Towns but much simplified for the sake of being a short little ditty. The music is not great so feel free to play with the sound off!
How to play
- Select a little bug to place in the sandbox
- Match the little bugs to the patterns at the top to make big bugs and score points
- You can match the patterns in any 90 degree rotation (but not mirrored!)
- The game is over when the box is full
Note: The little bugs come in a "deck" of 15 cards. Only when you run out does the deck get shuffled again and 3 new cards are dealt.
5/12/2021 - Fixed pattern in mantis that made mosquitoes every time
Hi everyone! This is my first post and my first game made with PICO-8.
This is Solid Rogue, a "coffeebreak" roguelike where you play as Badger, a stealth operative who has just stolen plans for the bipedal nuclear weapon known as Rogue Gear! Help Badger climb 20 stories of a bad-guy infested facility to freedom!
I had originally planned for Solid Rogue to be part of the 2021 seven day roguelike challenge, having spent what free time I had the weeks before learning the ins and outs of PICO-8 from the amazing PICO-8 rogulike tutorial series by LazyDevs (specifically Krystman, the creator of Porklike). Unfortunately, with a new job and some personal duties I was unable to have a playable game before the end of the jam. I decided instead to spend a few more weeks jamming and this is what came of it.
- Up, down, left, right to move one space (when you move, enemies move too)
- Move into enemies to knock them out for a short time
- Tap X to pass a turn
- Hold Z and tap a direction to peek ahead one space (you can pass turns while peeking too)
- While peeking, tap the direction again to dash two spaces (dashing uses stamina which is refilled at every new floor
- Hint: bumping into walls or stepping on grates makes noise!
I hope you enjoy!
4.14.2021 - uploaded game
4.14.2021 - added faster reload after death and a manual "restart game" to the PICO-8 menu