Follow
D_Nocker
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #tweettweetplane-0 | 2023-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This cart is my entry to TweetTweet Jam 8, where a game is created with 500 characters of source code and using no external assets.

Controls

Use left and right to steer, and up/down to control pitch. The plane glides and conserves its momentum, so pitch down to speed up and pitch back up to slow down. If you hit the ground the cart will restart.

P#129552 2023-05-09 03:15

Cart #spellcrafter-0 | 2021-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's the first public version of my spellcrafting//spellcasting game. It's more of a demo/sandbox right now, with enemies and challenged on the way.

The spellcrafting system consists of spell types and spell shapes. The type can be thought of as the element, and changes the effect of the spell. The shape is the shape that the spell takes, and influences how much mana it uses. In the future the plan is to add a third category "modifiers" to allow for even more variation in the spells that are possible.

Controls:

In the world:
-D pad to move
-Button 1 to cast the spell equipped in your first slot
-Button 2 to cast the spell equipped in your second slot
-Buttons 1&2 simultaneously to open the crafting menu.

In the crafting menu:
-D pad up and down to change between selecting an spell type and a spell shape.
-D pad left and right to change your current selection.
-button 1 or button 2 to select which spell you're modifying.
-Buttons 1&2 simultaneously to close the crafting menu.

P#92022 2021-05-16 03:48 ( Edited 2021-05-16 04:07)

I'm currently setting up a pi-based arcade cabinet with pico8, running through emulationstartion on retropie. I've got pico8 working sucessfully, with the exception that i cannot quit pico8 without a keyboard connected.

Looking at this thread here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=28629, it seems that from version 0.1.11 the "menu" button should bring up a menu from the splore home, which you can then quit pico8 from. I assume this menu is the one brought up when the esc key is pressed. This doesn't work for me, the menu button lets you exit a game to return to splore, but does not let you shutdown splore itself. In the main splore menu the menu button functions as a select button. The only way to quit pico8 is with the esc key, not feasible for me as I don't wish to have a keyboard attached to the machine.

I am currently using PICO-8 v0.2.2c on both my computer and the pi, and both exhibit this same behaviour.

Has this feature been removed? Is the function of the menu key configured somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated.

P#90919 2021-04-22 02:40

Cart #picowalker-0 | 2021-02-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a little 3d heightmap builder and visualiser i'm working on at the moment, first ever pico8 project and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm planning on turning it into a little walking simulator with more to look at eventually, but for now this is all i've got. There's a lot of work to be done in terms of optimisation first.

The controls are directional buttons to move about, and directional buttons+z to pan and rotate the camera.

Cart #picowalkerv2-0 | 2021-02-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a fun update, a little in the way of optimisation but a lot of changes to the visuals, the big change ones are adding water effects (with screen-space reflections) and adding clouds. Enjoy!

P#87797 2021-02-17 11:08 ( Edited 2021-02-18 03:53)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 13:23:09 | 0.070s | Q:21