I originally planned incorporating a "big" mode into the 1.1 release of Pico Tetris, this is the state that mode was at when I realized how much work (and tokens!) would have to be invested in this.
However, I always find big mode to be a really unique and fun experience in Tetris games, and I didn't want to completely abandon it, so I decided to upload it here so it can be appreciated for the glitchy buggy mess it is. Have fun <3
This cart shows a bunch of marbles quickly rotating, and you may find it irritating or tiring on your eyes, especially with some of the palettes.
This is just an interesting effect I stumbled over as I tried making something like the Endless Brussels Sprouts cart I've seen a while ago. I found that drawing new marbles "behind" the others and letting them slowly spiral inwards gives the effect of a well slowly extending downwards.
- change palette
- toggle modes (one looks like a well, the other more like a volcano)
Another Tetris clone, I know :P
I managed to squeeze in an extra mode, take a look if you want!
Why are you reading this, it's Tetris, you probably already know how it works
Anyways, this clone is guideline-compliant in large parts (except where the guideline is boring or confusing to me), including Standard Rotation System and kicks. It has a steep difficulty curve, and a lot of options to adjust gameplay, animations, or Tetromino sprites (I have 16 now!).
I implemented 9 different modes, and up to 3 highscores are automatically saved per mode (options are also automatically saved btw)
If that description was too dry and boring (writing it wasn't much fun either, so I understand you), it also has lasers and poorly drawn donuts, what more could you want from a game?
-soft drop Tetromino (locks if hard-drop set to non-locking!)
-hard drop Tetromino (locking by default, can be toggled in options)
-ccw/cw rotation (can be inverted in options)
-Pause menu (with options to retry, go back to title, or mute the game)
- Single rows of garbage are randomly inserted at the bottom, see for how many line clears you can survive!
- There is no winning condition, you just go on until you top out or you get bored
- Game ends after you cleared 150 lines
- You have 2 minutes to clear as many lines as you can
- When you start the game, the well is filled with 15 lines of garbage, clear them all as fast as possible
- The well is filled with walls of respawning garbage left and right, making combos incredibly easy
- Marathon mode, starting at lv 20 (instant gravity, and very low delays, extremely difficult!)
- Yeah good luck with that one, idk why I even implemented it
- It's a secret, don't you dare look it up
- It's a secret, don't you dare look it up
Please note these are all from old versions, I'm just too lazy to update them
Standard mode, standard sprites, standard everything
Alternate sprites, don't like these as much
This one's so good
Here is an image of garbage mode, with another good set of sprites (btw theres a rounded version of this one too)
This is what combo mode looks like
The mode that you shall not play
- Added Secret Grade mode
- Changed Combo mode so walls are rebuilt as you clear lines
- Combo mode ends if you drop the combo
- Small changes to how hold works
- Different mode descriptions
- Automatic saving and loading of options and highscores
- Highscore menu, with option to delete all scores
- Mini Tetrominoes in preview can now use the downscaled preview sprite
- Changed game over screen to show your score if appropriate
- Probably a bunch of other minor stuff I lost track of
- Mostly animations: for line clears, hard drops, backgrounds
- Forgot about any other changes, probably just minor stuff
- I kept notice of my changes this time
- When hard-drop is non-locking, soft-drop locks instead
- Levelling is now static (30 lines/level)
- Gravity increases twice as fast per level now (not sure if that makes it harder overall than before)
- Line clears give more points on higher levels
- Introduced higher delays between pieces
- Why do you even read this
- On higher levels, ghost/grid disappear, also delays incrementally decrease (brutal difficulty above lv20)
- Highscore shown to the right
- Several UI changes, SFX in menus
- Progress bar and background grid (both adjustable)
- Optional laser SFX for line clears
- Game can be muted from pause menu
- A bunch of new options to play with
- Some new sprites, including donuts
- Survival mode
- Progress bar is now on by default
Any feedback and recommendations welcome! <3
Made this little flag animation for trans day of visibility, and I quite like it :)
Also here's a reminder to everyone trans:
You are wonderful and amazing and I hope you have an excellent day!