Is it possible to request a username change? I emailed hey @lexaloffle.com about changing my username a few months ago and followed up a week ago, but I've gotten no response? Does anyone know another way of getting in contact with Zep?
PicoTerm is a simple PICO-8 CLI template. It can be used as a basis for command-line games and programs.
To get commands, modify execute() with your command handling code. To print a line, use echo().
If you use this in a project please credit DivergentClouds and link back to this page. (I would also appreciate being notified, however, that is not mandatory)
- Fixed bug where cpu usage would skyrocket with enough lines
- Fixed bug where line wrapping wouldn't work if a previous line had been wrapped
- Major line wrapping bug fixed
- Fixed pressing ESC sometimes printing a dot
- Fixed bug where the cursor would persist at the start of a line after pressing return
- Added blinking cursor
- Prohibited glyph characters in input to prevent doublewide characters from messing up the screen scrolling
- Made it so that the prompt is mixed in with the log rather than being stuck at the bottom of the screen
- Made it so pressing ESC won't print a character
- Minor: Backspacing on an empty line moves the cursor backwards for a frame regardless
Trying to export a binary or html file from a file that doesn't have the
_init() _update() _draw()
loop will result in a screen like in the picture. This particular image was from the code
Please add a flag when launching a cart from the command line to make the cart path relative to the PICO-8 carts folder rather than the current directory of the command prompt/terminal. In addition, a feature to launch within a certain PICO-8 subdirectory rather than the root folder would be nice.
If you multiply a fraction that isn't a power a number greater than 1 the returned result will be incorrect (for example PICO-8 returns 9.9991 from print(0.1*100)). I'm aware that this is a problem inherent to fixed point numbers, however some special cases would be greatly appreciated.
[+] Total rewrite
[+] Word wrap (Credit: @Jusiv)
[+] Line wrap
[+] Lowercase letters
[-] Moveable cursor (Temporary)
[-] Scrolling text (Temporary)
[-] Tab (Temporary)
[-] Escape not working in Splore
[-] Arrow keys activating twice
[-] Escape creating a space
[-]pressing p more than once pauses in BBS
Typing with your keyboard
Moveable cursor (use arrow keys)
(Possibly) on screen keyboard
Jusiv for the word wrap function
Similarly to how you can enable the devkit mouse it would be nice if you could enable the keyboard for use in carts. This would allow for things like text adventures and keyboard shortcuts for things like roguelikes.
A 2-player pong variant with lasers
Left and right change laser color
-Red speeds the ball up
-Orange slows the ball down
-Yellow changes the ball's y-direction
-Green changes the ball's x-direction
Catching a laser with your paddle will increase your ammo by 1
If player 1 wants to use a keyboard and player 2 wants to use a controller, then you must launch PICO-8 with the following command
<PICO-8 path> -joystick 1