Follow
MrMandolino
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #salagander-1 | 2020-07-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Salagander

Controls: arrow keys to move and jump, Z to restart a level

Salamanders have a goal: to reach the great pie in the sky. They also have a problem: they’re not that bright and each of them will repeat what the salamander before them did. No matter what.

You control the first salamander who decided to get to the pie. Can you make them behave?

Extra thoughts on the design of the game at this Twitter thread!

Edit: updated new version with jump bound to X as well for controllers. Also you can change your salamander's color by pressing it in the very first level!

P#79955 2020-07-26 16:54 ( Edited 2020-07-28 09:03)

Cart #spaghettiforever-2 | 2020-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls: arrows to grate, X to move to next screen (and skip Hollywood production values intro cinematic)

Hello!

This is my entry for the #ToyBoxJam! The idea is, you're given a set of sprites/sounds/music/code example and you have to make a game out of them. There's a lot of stuff, from characters to items, weapons, map stuff and visual effect. I decided to make cheese.

One more thing: I went for a self-imposed challenge and avoided using any function that draws on screen, even though stuff like rect() and line are allowed. Any graphical thingie you see is a stretched palette swapped sprite – and boy was that fun. I mean hard. Really really fun.

My submission is also on itch.io at this link, and my name on the website is MrMandolino. Cart name: spaghettiforever

(there's one nasty bug in the podracing level that I can't replicate and happens rarely... loud groan)

P#71499 2019-12-29 17:22 ( Edited 2020-01-01 18:43)

Cart #breakthesundemo2-0 | 2019-12-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hello!

This is my first actual game thing so please bear with me. Break the Sun is a shmup I've been working on for a while now, I started it this summer to learn to code. I've reached the point where I have a proper beginning, intro and end for the first level so I decided to toss it on the web and see what people think.

It's pretty simple: arrows to move, Z to shoot, X to dodge (if you have enough fuel in your tank, that is). Reach the boss and see if you get the highest score chaining kills with your multiplier. I've implemented a couple tricks I came up with and some stuff inspired by the incredible @lucatron_ on Twitter.

Any feedback – positive or negative – is really appreciated, you can leave them here or reach me on the Tweetles @MrMandolino. Thanks for playing!

EDIT: fixed a bug that could cause you to take damage before appearing on screen

P#70493 2019-12-02 20:06 ( Edited 2019-12-02 22:19)