There are lot of Battle City clones exist in this world. This one is Pico-8 port, made by me just for fun.
- First "stable" release (moved from "work in progress" to "cartridges" as it's almost finished, maybe later i'll add some new features like level constructor, but not sure about it).
- Moved Game Over screen after score calculation, like in original NES version
- Added Hi-Score screen after Game Over screen (if player beat high-score)
- Changed palette, now it uses "secret" Pico-8 palette for bricks. Can be toggled through menu if palette doesn't work for some reason.
- Fixed lot of bugs.
- Normal music and sfx. Some sfx (tanks explosions) are not so good because NES noise channel differs from Pico noise and cannot be made with Pico.
- Different role for shooting buttons: rapid and single.
- Level selection at the start, score screen at the and of each stage.
- Hard mode after stage 70, enemy tanks have all advantages of basic 4 tank types.
- Core game for 1 or 2 players
- Original 35 levels (after level 35 they start to repeat like in original game)
- Random mode, which generates every level from random nine pieces of existing levels
- Progress automatically saves between levels, you can reset cart and continue later, but erases on gameover, like in rogue-like games. May be useful on random mode, if generated level is impossible.
- Level editor
- Maybe implement some features from chinese '1990 tank' hack
- Maybe storyline between levels
- Feature requests are welcome
Awesome job! I actually decided to try and do my own port of the game, that will add extra improvements to the game (I was thinking of making the game 4-player-capable, having a construction mode), and then I found out about yours, which seems pretty accurate from what I can see!
[Please log in to post a comment]