This is a simple 1 screen game inspired by the classic game POOYAN.
Shoot the balloons to knock your enemies down from the sky before they can land on the ground to steal your gold and ultimately invade your cave.
Press Z to shoot, and use up/down keys to move up and down.
I hope you enjoy.
1.0 (2016/12/25) - original 30fps release
1.1 (2017/1/7) -
- Frame rate is now 60fps
- New enemies are now based on time of day, and no longer based on player's score
here's the original 30fps version.
version 1.26 -
- added missing image flip when turning left towards obstacles. Thanks to dw817 for pointing that out.
version 1.25 -
- minor improvements to marinara behaviors
- fixed some positioning issues
- made an in-game tip easier to discover
- final boss is now slightly harder
version 1.2 -
- Fixed slime behaviors. They no longer scale the walls when blocked in by the crate. Thanks to dw817 for pointing that bug out!
version 1.1 -
- Fixed problem where entering the pizzeria caused the player to lose alignment with game map.
- Fixed some grammatical errors.
- moved a dungeon key slightly so it's more visible.
Btn 4 (Z) to pull crate or turn 180(when not next to crate)
Btn 5 (X) to use weapon
This game took about a month to make. It's similar to my last game, EGGHUNT, in terms of the layout and walking, but is much more complex as this game has enemy AI, weapons, and crate pushing.
My first effort with the Pico-8. I hope you enjoy it.
v1.1. I added Morning Toast's recommendation. So instead of saying "items found" or "secrets found" it says how many out of how many you've found. I also made a slight change to make ending "A" a little more obvious (but not by much) and optimized a little bit bit of the code.
I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it. Thanks everyone! "Quack!"