Remake of Digger, the classic 1983 game for IBM PC and compatibles by Windmill Software.
I made this in 3 days, so hopefully it's not to buggy/janky.
How to Play
Collect all emeralds or kill all the bugs to complete the level.
Arrow - Move
Z/X/C - Shoot
Gain a new life for every 20,000 points (you can only have up to 5 lives at a time).
- 25pts for collecting.
- 250pts for collecting 8 consecutively.
- Cause bags to drop to get to the money inside.
- Drop them on bugs to kill them, but be careful as falling bags will also kill Digger.
- 500pts for collecting coins. Coins will disappear after a while if not collected.
- 250pts if killed by shooting or dropping bag on them.
- While bonus is active first bug eaten is 200pts, second is 400pts, doubling for each bug eaten.
- After a while Nobbins may turn into Hobbins and start digging their way toward you.
- Bonus will appear after the last bug has spawned.
- 1000pts for collecting.
- Total number of bugs for the level will increase by 1 after collecting bonus, but the last bug won't spawn until the bonus time is over.
Awesome game! It's a lot of fun to play, and it's really impressive that it was made in 3 days too.
I was also surprised when the score didn't roll back into negative numbers after 32768 like a few Pico-8 high score based games, so that a nice attention to detail there. I'm honestly curious how you did it.
[Please log in to post a comment]