Remake of Digger, the classic 1983 game for IBM PC and compatibles by Windmill Software.
I made this in 3 days, so hopefully it's not to buggy/janky.
Update 1: Fixed a bug that was causing level background graphics to be blank.
How to Play
Collect all emeralds or kill all the bugs to complete the level.
Arrow - Move
Z/X/C - Shoot
Gain a new life for every 20,000 points (you can only have up to 5 lives at a time).
- 25pts for collecting.
- 250pts for collecting 8 consecutively.
- Cause bags to drop to get to the money inside.
- Drop them on bugs to kill them, but be careful as falling bags will also kill Digger.
- 500pts for collecting coins. Coins will disappear after a while if not collected.
- 250pts if killed by shooting or dropping bag on them.
- While bonus is active first bug eaten is 200pts, second is 400pts, doubling for each bug eaten.
- After a while Nobbins may turn into Hobbins and start digging their way toward you.
- Bonus will appear after the last bug has spawned.
- 1000pts for collecting.
- Total number of bugs for the level will increase by 1 after collecting bonus, but the last bug won't spawn until the bonus time is over.
Awesome game! It's a lot of fun to play, and it's really impressive that it was made in 3 days too.
I was also surprised when the score didn't roll back into negative numbers after 32768 like a few Pico-8 high score based games, so that a nice attention to detail there. I'm honestly curious how you did it.
Fun fact: this is a clone of the arcade game Mr. Do. It was also available on the Colecovision if I remember correctly.
Yep. I remember playing DIGGER back in DOS on the IBM-pc, @paranoidcactus. Gold star work. I MORE remember playing "Mr. Do!" in the arcade, however.
Here now is the Digger bulldozer replaced by my rendering of the fireball wizard himself, "Mr. Do!"
I get the same problem as ilkke after 1 or 2 levels, everything appears for a split second then all the earth vanishes and the money bags fall to the ground.
good potential, but shot system is kind of unreliable
Walking over gold bags shouldnt be allowed. On pc you could carry them from below and push them from side to side
[Please log in to post a comment]