An odd game about texting.
You can choose when it ends...
How far are you willing to go?
Z/C: Look at Phone; Send Message
X: Put Phone Away; Go to Sleep (Hold)
Arrow Keys: Choose Message
(All controls are explained in-game)
- This game is about dialogue, so be prepared to read. The script contains nearly 350 individual texts, though there’s no way to see each one in a single playthrough.
- This game includes some dialogue which is arguably like cyberbullying.
- v1: Initial Release
- v1.1: Corrected an illogical text.
- v1.2: Reworded a couple texts.
- v1.3: Fixed a couple minor spelling/word choice issues.
I really like this. Pretty unique for a pico-8 game as well (at least I haven't seen much else like it).
I enjoyed the multiple playthroughs aspect. Not sure I even have the full story after 4-5 goes.
The sound design is really really good - it builds the tension so well!
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the support so far! This is my first Pico-8 Cart (and really the first game I've ever released publicly), and since I know it's kind of an odd one I wasn't sure how well it'd go over.
I also just updated the cart slightly, improving the wording in one bit of dialogue based on a friend's feedback.
--- Individual Replies ---
@NeithR Interesting interpretation. I've gotta say, it's been cool seeing the differences in how people interpret Messages.
@enargy To be honest, I've never planned to do a sequel for this. It took a looong time to get the script written, and I'm not sure how much more I could reasonably add to the formula. That said, it's awesome to hear that you enjoyed it enough to want one!
Log in to post a comment