NIJI - A Colorful Rainbow One-Dimensional Action Match-3 Puzzle Game
Music was highly influenced by the Moon Theme of the NES Duck Tales game.
- press up/down to make your fire flower line change lanes in the rainbow
- press <z> to go faster
- catch incoming flowers by touching them with your fire flower line
- use left/right to highlight a flower in the line
- press <x> to select it and move it around with left/right
- press <x> again to place it
- match 3 flowers of the same color to explode them and earn score points
- the more flowers you explode in a single move the more points they're worth
- if you miss catching a flower, it'll get added to the back of the file in a frozen state
- only way to unfreeze a frozen flower is to explode another flower next to it
I still have a few improvements I want to add but since it's past the #AGBICjam's deadline I figured I would post it here as well. Feel free to give feedback or suggestions for improvement.
I love this. Not only does it look super happy, it plays nice.
I know there's not much too it, per se, but I just like how I have to think about where to place the flowers to make a match that's more than just 3.
Just good work all the way around.
Although for some reason I was expecting the train to speed up automatically as I progressed. Just felt like it should, I guess. I didn't find myself using Z a lot to move faster. Not a suggestion really, just an observation report.
Thanks for your kind words, morningtoast!
The train does speed up over time, but it might be doing so too slowly, I might balance it a bit to make playthroughs a bit shorter.
I added the Z speed up button to avoid having experienced players suffer the slow start of the game. I find myself using it a lot at the beginning but not so much as things start to get hectic.
Thanks again for the feedback! I love your games as well!
Agreed, it's pretty great but it does feel like it needs a little flair or something.
Maybe the extra ingredient could be rare pickups that do cool things? Wildcard flowers, explosive flowers, etc. Or bad things, even. Like a flower that randomly changes the flowers on either side of it, or one that temporarily increases the movement speed and you have to cope with it until it times out.
i'm currently making a cartridge shell editor.
i finished the most basic version that works.
now i test the program to make sure it's stable before i publish it.
one of the carts that i edited with the test version of the shell editor
is this black 𝗻iji cart based off the original 𝗳amicart's colors:
(this cart has the unchanged 𝗻iji version 0.98 game for 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗼-8)
update: the cartridge shell editor (renamed to 'cartridge shell replacer') is now finished. you can find it in this bbs post
[Please log in to post a comment]