Cart #spaceball-0 | 2022-07-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

RANDOM 2022 UPDATE:
Fixed: The intro graphic's wasn't drawing with transparency.

::INSTRUCTIONS::

-This is a LOCAL MULTIPLAYER GAME so find a friend and force them to play it with you. :y
-It contains FIVE MAPS
-All maps have the same purpose: Get the BALL into the opponent's NET
-First to 5 points wins

::CONTROLS::

Player 1 chooses the map, either button starts a round, up/down arrows let the players choose their team color.

In-game: Arrows to move around

• Either button fires a power-shot when the ball is inside the ring around your player

PICO-8's default keys are:

Player 1:
MOVEMENT: Arrow Keys
BUTTONS: Z, X or N, M (any of these will fire a shot)

Player 2:
MOVEMENT: E,S,D,F
BUTTONS: Shift, A, or Tab,Q

...I wish it were WASD but what're you gonna do? Answer: I recommend plugging in game controllers instead. -_-;

All Comments

very nice!! looks great and seems like it would be fun to play if i had any friends! :3

if I had any friend

How sad... Same here though.

Very cool, love the look and feel and concept.

Maybe add some AI?

Wonderful! A game of air hockey. In space. With power shots. Wow.

thanks >u<

My little brother and I just played a couple rounds of Spaceball and it was great! Really nice physics and everything. I especially like how it pauses for a split second when making a power shot.

This is so cool.

Fun times. =n.n=

Probably one of the best games around! Congratulations, hope you can finish it soon c: This will be a MUST in every PocketCHIP, to play it online.

You can't play it online with the PocketCHIP. :) For the PocketCHIP to even do multiplayer right you'd probably need to hook a gamepad or two up to it and hunch over the tiny screen together.

Finally fixed that memory leak. Something about unnecessary drawing of trails when rendering maps on the map select menu. PLAY SPACEBALL IT'S FUN I'M BUMPING THE THREAD.

Looks like a lot of fun, bit I'm getting errors.

Both times this happened it was after an own-goal. I don't know if that's significant.

I think I uploaded an old version by mistake; The game should run now. Thanks, apLundell!

EDIT EDIT: I FIXED A DRAWING BUG. I THINK THE CART WORKS NOW. -__-',

Weird updating this 5 years later after realizing there was a graphical bug in the start screen, but here it is. Fixed!

[Please log in to post a comment]