You are one big monster with a thirst for destruction. This quick turn-based roguelike PICO-8 game is all about stomping, smashing, grabbing, and chomping your way through a procedurally generated hapless city and its tiny citizens.
Also available at itch.io
- D-pad (arrow keys), move the Kaiju by one tile
- O button (Z, N, C), ROAR
- X button (X, M, V), Open abilities menu
The mobs will move once you perform an action (movement, roars and abilities).
Score tracker at the bottom right shows "current points"/"points until next powerup".
Mobs have a chance to spawn every other turn (except for civilians) and the max count is based on your kaiju's destruction.
Spawn every turn. Scared and immobile protein shakes.
- Cop Car
Deals 1 DMG. Range 1 tile in all 8 directions. Protein shake in a can.
Same as Cop Car but flies over buildings except for tall ones.
Deals 2 DMG. Range 5 tiles and shoots only in cardinal directions (Up, Left, Down, Right).
- Mad Scientist (UFO)
Same as Copter but also adds 1 Poison DMG per turn. There is no antidote.
- To regain energy, first select GRAB in the abilities menu and select a mob to grab, then select CHOMP in the abilities menu to eat the mob.
- To regain health, use the ROAR button.
- Points are multiplied by a combo meter. Combo increases if you do several destructions in a row and resets on no destruction. CHOMP will also increase the combo meter.
- All mobs may be grabbed and walked on. Even the helicopters and the mysterious mad scientist.
A lot of fun! Nice twist to the roguelike genre!
Once I figured out the mechanics that was a ton of fun! will come back to play this more later
This game is so addictive! I'm a big Godzilla fan and this game has brilliant gameplay, one of the best I've seen in the kaiju genre.
Amazing concept! I love the logic behind the enemy behaviour- copters can’t fly over skyscrapers, tanks won’t fire past buildings or cop card but will shoot through copter spaces, etc. I noticed one possible bug - using Throw seems to reset your combo counter?
Anyway brilliant idea.
Just wanted to chime in and say this is one of my absolute favorite pico-8 games and I keep going back to it. Absolutely brilliant. Plus I love that Night on Bald Mountain was used on the title screen. Epic.
[Please log in to post a comment]