Tetris with Hexagons
Ever wonder what Tetris would be like if it used hexagons instead of squares? It would look like this! Tetrahex plays like Tetris, but uses tetrahexes instead of tetronimoes.
- Level - Starting Level. Each level goes slightly faster, but scores more points.
- Speed - Changes the speed of all levels. Each change either doubles or halves the speed.
- Controls - Left and Right always moves pieces the same direction, but you may choose what each other button does. Chose between
Hold - Swap the current piece for what is in the hold place. May only be done once per piece (you can't swap back and forth). First time swaps for the next piece.
Soft Drop - Drop the piece one hex down.
Hard Drop - Drop the piece as far down as it will go.
Spin Left - Rotate the piece 60 degrees counter clockwise
Spin Right - Rotate the piece 60 degrees clockwise
Shuffle - The 10 possible pieces will be shuffled then added to the sequence. Once all 10 have appeared another 10 will be shuffled. This ensures you will never get a piece 3 times in a row, and a piece will have at most 18 pieces between apppearances.
Original - Each piece in the sequence is picked randomly, independent of other pieces in the sequence.
Seed - You may set a seed for the random generator so that you always get the same sequence of pieces. Use this to master a sequence, or challenge a friend to beat your score on an equivalent game.
Generate Seed - randomly generate a seed
Clear Seed - reset the seed to none
- Ghost - Choose whether the ghost (the preview of where the current piece will land)
appears or not
- Stripes - Turn on or off alternating background colors for each line
- Style - Choose between 4 styles of appearance
- Music - Choose between 3 background songs or turn music off
v1.1 - Added 🅾️+❎ control option
v1.2 - Added Tetronimo mode!
Can you escape the storm?
This is my second major project and first game for the PICO-8; an arcade shooter where you dodge and shoot meteors and try to survive long enough to escape the storm. Get enough points and you can buy upgrades for your next game.
Here is a screenshot of the stats from the end of my first complete playthrough.
(These instructions can also be found on the title screen)
Try to survive the meteor storm as long as possible.
Every 10 seconds you survive is 10 pts
Dodge meteors for 10 pts, or blast them for 200 pts!
Use ⬅️➡️⬆️⬇️ to move
This spends your green bars
Run out and you can't move!
Use ❎🅾️ to blast
This spends your red bars
Run out and you can't blast!
Getting hit by a meteor will spend your purple bars
Get hit without one and it's GAME OVER!
If all of your bars are at least partially full, you may
These will give you
Pts may be spent at the end of a game to purchase upgrades.