Follow
BenMcLean
[ :: Read More :: ]

I already owned Pico8

I heard Pico8 was coming out as a freebie for people who bought the PocketCHIP expansion

But I don't have PocketCHIP. I just have a regular CHIP. So I assumed I would not be getting it for free.

But I did think I would be getting it through my account page cause I already own Pico8.

Low and behold there does not seem to be a version for the CHIP and also, the Linux versions that are available do not seem to work on the CHIP.

What's the deal? Can I run Pico8 on my CHIP?

P#22956 2016-06-15 20:10 ( Edited 2016-08-21 22:04)

Seems like my profile picture on the lexaloffle.com won't work no matter what I do. The description says it's 48x48 so I chose a 48x48 pixel image but it doesn't show up. What's up with that??

P#18701 2016-02-07 13:45 ( Edited 2016-02-07 23:29)

My little brother Thomas made this. It has a capitalist as it's protagonist, who you can either help to collect money, or just run him headlong into enemies until he is crushed by the proletariat, if you're communist. either way, it's up to you I guess. My lil bro, he's ten (he's like "almost eleven!!") and uh, so ... a ten year old made it. yeah.

Cart #11204 | 2015-06-09 | Embed ▽ | No License

P#11203 2015-06-09 17:38 ( Edited 2015-06-09 21:41)

Wanted to get this game a long time but didn't till the last couple days.

I beat adventure mode. That dragon at the end is hard! I have many questions and suggestions but if I were to start a thread for each one, that would be too many threads!!

Questions:

1. Does the editor have any way to reset the camera to the default camera position??

2. I've never managed to beat one of those tall blue shooty guys. They look awesome but how do you stop them? Maybe they have too much health to beat?

3. Would it be possible to add another camera mode that rotates the stage so that your guy is always facing front?

Suggestions:

1. No offense meant but I gotta say this: The "Sword of Eternity" looks awesome and would be fun in a game by itself but as an item from a perspective of winning, it's pretty useless compared to the normal gun. It's melee attacks are too dangerous to the player's health! It's not a sword of "eternity," it's a sword of "a couple blows before it breaks from the enemies being too close"!

2. Those voxel bit explosions look awesome! That effect should be exploited alot more. You should be lobbing big explodey bombs at enemies as a weapon.

3. The game ought to be less picky about height. Bullets pass over the heads of enemies on uneven surfaces too easily.

4. You should get an opportunity to control one of the big red devil smashing guys. Or better yet, play as The Hulk. You know, like from Zombies Ate My Neighbors? Some potion that makes you into huge ripped monster guy so you can SMASH STUFF!!!!

5. I would love to see a Moon map pack. But that would require altering the gravity both for the player and for all jumping enemies.

6. More than anything else, this art style reminds me of Captain Comic
    It would be really awesome to be able to create a Captain Comic themed map pack with the enemies and poewrups from that game in 3D! Especially the moon levels! :D
P#6317 2012-07-21 22:18 ( Edited 2012-12-11 08:48)

Hello, I heart Minecraft and also the Voxatron trailer which I found on Ars Technica today and am really looking forward to seeing what is created here. When I first saw it, I was for sure it had to be the mysterious "other game" that Notch's company is working on but apparently not. Good luck to the devs of this amazing looking project!

I'm a computer science student in college right now ... how do you get into making games with pixels and/or voxels that are portable and run on modern platforms?? Is Java the best approach to doing that? I'd like to become familiar with game design tools where I can decide to either to sell the finished game if it's good enough, or release it open source if I don't think it's commercially viable - I don't wanna get hooked into using stuff that has license restrictions that prevent me from going either way. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get started doing that kind of thing?

P#1227 2011-01-14 12:55 ( Edited 2011-01-14 17:55)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 15:02:00 | 0.088s | Q:12