Follow
Cyner

I like to make games in my spare time

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #race3dwip1-0 | 2023-03-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

After over a year of working on my own 3D graphics engine and my own 3D modeller for it, I threw this together in a day just to have finally made a "game" with the engine after all this time.

avoid rocks, shoot for points
star worth more points if shot rather than collected by the ship

this is really rough but again its made in a day, I plan to use this as a kind of starting point for a semi-ambitious racing game I have a ton of ideas for, so look forward to that in a loooong time
sorry if there are any bugs!

also credit to p01 for the trifill I'm using

P#127496 2023-03-23 00:54 ( Edited 2023-03-23 02:57)

hi! I figure I should put my tweetcarts here to make them easier to find, so I'm making a thread of them. I'll update it anytime I make a new one so people don't have to sort through the junk on my twitter account to see them. Enjoy! all code in <280 chars to fit in a single tweet!

Fireworks 9/8/2022

Cart #mosewabifi-0 | 2022-09-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[original tweet]
this one was a lot of fun! original sketch was around 700 characters and although I had to cut down on a lot of functionality, I'm really happy with how this came out and making compromises and finding tiny one character differences in ways to write code was a lot of fun. I learned a lot from this one!

Wave 9/1/2022

peep the horror

Cart #nuriziwanu-0 | 2022-09-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[original tweet]
to be honest, this one wasn't very difficult and I didn't really have to even cut down on the code for it. still a lot of fun to mess around with though, and I highly recommend fiddling with any one number or adding operations to variables here and there to see what happens!

Confetti 7/6/2022

Cart #mosewabifi-1 | 2022-09-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[original tweet]
this one actually kind of has an interesting story! I was working at a robotics summer camp for middle schoolers, and in my station one of the things the kids could do was play soccer using the robots. the counselors or the kids themselves would have a hard time keeping track of score and timing it, so I made a scoreboard using pico-8! and because my biggest weakness is feature creep, I decided I wanted to make the screen rain with confetti whenever one of the teams won, and then because I was bored I turned it into a tweetcart lol. anyway!

Cube 11/24/2021

by Cyner
Cart #wohdahade-0 | 2022-09-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[original tweet]
my first tweetcart! I remember struggling so hard to get the code under the 280 character limit initially, but as time went on even after I uploaded it I kept making it smaller and smaller lol. I'm sure there's even more room for improvement that would be easy to add with my current knowledge, but I don't care too much. it's better as a reminder of how far I've come.

thanks for reading and checking these out!

P#117116 2022-09-09 15:41 ( Edited 2024-03-27 20:37)

Cart #yehetokepa-6 | 2022-02-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A raycaster engine I used to make a quick pac-man demo, could still use some work but I'm happy with it. Hope you enjoy!

P#107500 2022-02-22 22:43 ( Edited 2022-02-22 23:37)

FLASHING LIGHTS WARNING!!

Cart #circledance-0 | 2022-02-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This started as a sketch for a tweetcart that slowly evolved once I realized the potential for emergent behavior. At some point I messed around making music for the visuals since I've never even touched the music side of pico-8, then both the music and visuals started to influence each other.
Each run of the program has unique visuals but you really wouldn't be able to notice.
Hope you enjoy.

P#107062 2022-02-16 21:23 ( Edited 2022-02-16 21:28)

Cart #wastedspace01-0 | 2021-05-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Posting this for playtesting. Please leave feedback/things to be changed if you play!
Enemies spawn in the box

arrow keys- move
z/c- attack (o)
x/v- jump (x)

edit feb 2022:
wow I was not expecting this to get any sort of attention and the unfinished state this is in is honestly embarrassing lol. since last year a lot has changed and even this demo was not the version I intended to publish (but needed to due to time constraints). hopefully I'll have a semi-finished build up soon, but I'm a little busy with another project right now. you can look forward to that I guess! thanks for trying this out and giving feedback, it's really appreciated.

P#92796 2021-05-30 01:34 ( Edited 2022-02-28 03:10)