(Receive email notifications)
This is Globbo!
A PICO-8 adaptation of the classic Mac game Blobbo.
The goal of the game is to pick up all toy chests before proceeding to the next room through the stairs. Tread carefully though, or you might find yourself squished by a bowling ball or punctured by an arrow.
The game contains a subset of the features found in the original. Many of the rooms in this version have been inspired by the original. My approach for these rooms has been to try to make condensed versions of the originals, trying to capture the "theme" of a room while taking liberties with its layout to accommodate the 16x16 grid.
The aim was not to make a fully featured port of the original, but rather to pluck the best parts and reshape it in a way that works well with PICO-8.
Please enjoy! ^_^
D-pad / Arrow Keys: Move Globbo
Hold Cross / X + Circle / Z: Undo
Hold Cross / X + Up: Show play statistics
- Removed screen flash when rewinding
- Added a room select menu
- Added in-game how-to-play instructions
- Added a star award system to balance the good ending requirements after the room select menu was introduced
- Added spike trap obstacle
- Added four more rooms
- Ready for release 🎉
- Improved ending screen
- Swapped circle and cross button functions in the ingame overlay
- Added ingame overlay displaying room name and play statistics as well as giving access to undo feature
- Changed controls for undo feature to accommodate overlay and reduce risk of unintentional activation
- Fixed a bug where you could exit a room early after undoing chest pickups
- Added tutorial room
- Room 2 seemed too difficult to appear that early, moved it last in the room order
- Added undo feature, press circle (z) to undo
- Added some statistics to the win screen
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to move diagonally, passing through some walls
- Added one way tiles
- Added marshmallow obstacle
- Added grid maze room
- Added marshmallow focused room
- Improved title screen
- Fixed a bug that allowed some arrows to slide past blocking tiles on a slope