I'm not 100% sure but I think I found a bug related to PAL and sprite fill patterns. The manual says
PAL() resets to system defaults (including transparency values and fill pattern)
However, the following cart shows that PAL does not clear out the fill pattern applied to sprites.
Here's the code for that cart. Note that you have to uncomment fillp() in order to reset the fill pattern.
function _draw() cls() pal() --fillp() sspr(8,0,8,8,10,10,24,24) sspr(16,0,8,8,10,40,24,24) fillp(0b1111111111111111.01) sspr(8,0,8,8,70,10,24,24) sspr(16,0,8,8,70,40,24,24) end
Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something! It could be that this is expected behavior and I just misread the docs.
A non-violent remake of the classic flash game Kitten Cannon.
Aim the cannon with the up and down arrows, and fire with x/z to try to get your little stunt kitten to go as far as possible!
- If you want to see the code broken up into multiple files, check out the Github repo: https://github.com/andrewedstrom/kitten-cannon-pico-8
Just a simple little snake clone for TweetTweetJam 5. Use the arrow keys to move!
I'm already well under the 560 character limit for the jam, but if anyone has ideas about how I could further compress this I'd love to hear! This is my first time ever making a tweetcart. I'm sure there's still a lot I could do to reduce the character count!
The goal is to reach level 15 by clearing 450 blocks. If the board fills up you lose.
You clear blocks in 2 ways:
- getting 3 or more blocks of the same color in a straight line
- putting 4 blocks of the same color together to make a diamond
- move current quad left or right
- hard drop current quad to the bottom of the board
- rotate counter clockwise
- rotate clockwise
Press ❎ + 🅾️ to start the game!
Playing on mobile
If you're playing on mobile, I recommend swapping the rotation buttons with the inverse rotation pause menu option.
Some players find the falling block shadow confusing. If you would rather turn it off, you can toggle whether it displays with "hide shadow" and "show shadow" in the pause menu.
The full code (broken up into multiple files for readability) is available on github here.
If you're curious, you can follow the development progress on twitter.
Finally, if you like this, please go check out the original Mixolumia. It's gorgeous, juicy, addictive, and relaxing, and the dynamic soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Plus it uses the PICO-8 color palette!
- Break up code into tabs for people modifying the game
- Fix bug where new quads immediately moved down one space on spawn
- Add option to display milliseconds for speedrunners
- Add option to invert rotation controls for mobile players
- Optimize particle logic to reduce lag at high levels
- Reduce the total number of particles to reduce lag
- Reduce initial repeat delay for button presses
- Allow quad to turn during hard drop
- Fix bug where the shadow slide indicator arrow would still show on screen after winning
Just a simple snake clone made in an afternoon! Eat many fruits to get big and strong. But don't trip over your own tail or fall off the edge of the world in the process!
Arrow keys - move
Your private space company SpicoX must successfully deliver 10 rockets to orbit
to win a government contract. Along the way, each rocket will have to dodge its
way through an ever-growing field of space
As a private space startup, money is tight. Your company only has enough
funding to lose 3 rockets. Any more and you will run out of money and be forced
out of business.
Up and down arrow keys - control your spaceship.