The goal is to reach level 15 by clearing 450 blocks. If the board fills up you lose.
You clear blocks in 2 ways:
- getting 3 or more blocks of the same color in a straight line
- putting 4 blocks of the same color together to make a diamond
- move current quad left or right
- hard drop current quad to the bottom of the board
- rotate counter clockwise
- rotate clockwise
Press ❎ + 🅾️ to start the game!
Some players find the falling block shadow confusing. If you would rather turn it off, you can toggle whether it displays with "hide shadow" and "show shadow" in the pause menu.
Playing on mobile
If you're playing on mobile, I recommend swapping the rotation buttons with the inverse rotation pause menu option.
The full code (broken up into multiple files for readability) is available on github here.
If you're curious, you can follow the development progress on twitter.
Finally, if you like this, please go check out the original Mixolumia. It's gorgeous, juicy, addictive, and relaxing, and the dynamic soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Plus it uses the PICO-8 color palette!
- Break up code into tabs for people modifying the game
- Fix bug where new quads immediately moved down one space on spawn
- Add option to display milliseconds for speedrunners
- Add option to invert rotation controls for mobile players
- Optimize particle logic to reduce lag at high levels
- Reduce the total number of particles to reduce lag
- Reduce initial repeat delay for button presses
- Allow quad to turn during hard drop
- Fix bug where the shadow slide indicator arrow would still show on screen after winning
[Please log in to post a comment]