Follow
Lambdanaut

Made Picowars and BBYS for the PICO-8

SHOW MORE

It seems like it's just counting the number of parameters passed into EXPORT? "index.html" is the resulting exported file but it's counted as if it's a cart.

P#78368 2020-06-21 15:38

SHOW MORE

Strangely in my game's HTML export the controls aren't working for iOS(Apple) phones but work fine in android.

I'm using 0.2.0i

Multiple users have reported this for my game on Itch.io here: https://lambdanaut.itch.io/picowars

Has anyone seen this bug before? Can anyone else try to to replicate it?
I wish I could test this myself, but I don't have an iOS device : (

P#78366 2020-06-21 15:33 ( Edited 2020-06-21 15:33)

SHOW MORE

Cart #wave_function_generator-1 | 2020-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Left and Right arrow keys transition between input textures.
Press Z to restart texture generation.

Given any input texture, this uselessly nifty toy generates an output texture based on rules it gathers while reading the input.

You can download this cart and edit the textures with the PICO-8 spritesheet editor if you'd like to generate your own original textures.

The algorithm is based off of the Simple Tiled Wavefunction Collapse Algorithm. More information can be found here: https://github.com/mxgmn/WaveFunctionCollapse

P#77682 2020-06-05 00:06 ( Edited 2020-06-05 01:34)

SHOW MORE

Cart #picowars-19 | 2020-06-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Play the full game with story mode HERE

What's that!

Picowars is an 8bit homage to one of the greatest Nintendo games of all time. Advance Wars. That may just me by opinion but it's the right one.

Picowars is a turn-based strategy game where the objective is to build up an army from your bases in order to capture more properties on the map and eventually capture the opposing player's headquarters.

New to the franchise?

Controls

Move your cursor with the arrow keys, select with Z and deselect with X

Enemy's HQ

This is your target. You want to move your infantry and mechs onto this property and capture it. You do that, and you win.

Your HQ

And this is your HQ. Keep the opposing player away from it. If they capture it, it's game over.

Bases

This is one of your bases. This is where you build your army, and it's the first thing you want to select when the game begins. Move your cursor over it and click Z to open up the build menu. There you can build any unit that you can afford with your current gold.

Neutral properties

This is a neutral city. Right now it's not doing anything for anyone, but if you move an infantry or mech onto this tile and capture it, it'll change to your team's colors and provide 1 gold for you per turn. Every property you own, including bases and your HQ generate 1 gold per turn, so the more you have the better.

A property has 20 capture points. Each turn you can capture once, and the amount of capture points that is deducted is equal to the amount of hp the capturing unit has. Each unit starts out with 10hp, so optimally it'll take 2 turns to capture a property. If a unit has 1hp, it'll take 20 turns. Yeesh.

Cities also heal any unit standing on them for 2hp per turn. In fact, all properties heal by 2hp, so keep that in mind when a unit is damaged and needs to retreat.

Infantry and Mechs

And these guys? These are the most basic units of your army. Infantry and Mechs. They don't always do as much damage as the bigger boys, but they have the special ability of being the only units that can capture properties.

The Info Bar

This is where you can see information about the selected tile. Each tile has a defense rating that you can see by the number of stars next to the tile. This base has 3 stars next to it so it's a pretty beefy defensive posture. If your unit is attacked from this tile, they'll take less damage.

Terrain Mobility

Of note, only infantry and mechs can traverse rivers and mountains, and they're slowed quite a bit from it! All terrain types affect units differently. It's up to you to figure out which units are affected by terrain and by how much.

Ranged Units

These units are special. Rockets and Artillery. They can't attack up close, as they're ranged units. They attack from multiple tiles away from their target. They also cannot move and attack in the same turn, so place them strategically where you expect the enemy to walk into their range.

You can check their range by holding down X while your cursor is over them.

P#77032 2020-05-22 20:03 ( Edited 2020-06-21 03:09)

SHOW MORE

Cart #bbys-0 | 2020-04-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Push the bby to the milk and away from the monsters to keep her alive! Monsters and bbys both starve to death if they don't eat!

PRESS z TO START

PRESS x TO TOGGLE NAMETAGS

Featuring:

3 Levels and a Boss fight!
Cutscene dialogues!
A completely benign and well-meaning narrator that really cares!
BBYS of all colors!
Wearable pink accessories that change the flow of the game! 

Secret Knowledge:

Monsters prioritize chasing BBYS of the same color as themselves!

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/lambdanaut !

P#75318 2020-04-25 02:49 ( Edited 2020-04-25 16:44)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 11:33:29 | 0.072s | Q:21