Follow
Firebugs
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #fimuguzeso-0 | 2021-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I worked solo on this, it's still a bit buggy (the coloured bats don't phase out) and for the ending I just dropped the player into a pit. But I'm still pretty proud. Hope you have fun with the 30 seconds of content there is :'). Please be kind!

P#87017 2021-01-31 16:11 ( Edited 2021-01-31 16:27)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Hi all,

This is my first cart, Cryptocide: Dridex. It's supposed to be a fast paced, contra-esque boss fight. Hopefully it's the first in a series of bosses. In terms of lore, I was going for a cyberpunk, diving into the matrix to fight off security threats kind of thing.

I'd really appreciate your feedback with particular emphasis on:

• Gameplay / overall enjoyment
  • Difficulty (and difficulty scaling)
  • Suggestions for new attacks

(any other feedback is greatly appreciated but bear in mind my artistic and musical skill is next to zero so please don't be too harsh on that front :))

Cart #cryptocide_dridex-0 | 2020-02-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Current TODOs:

• [ ] Bugfixes for 2 player mode before inclusion
  • [ ] Cutscene for victory (explosions and falling debris / background disintegrating)
  • [ ] Implement phases with more defined attack patterns instead of gradual scaling difficulty
  • [x] Optimise particles
  • [x] Simplify vectors
  • [x] Fix crash on victory

Thank you all for all your feedback so far and suggestions! All will definitely be considered.

I'm aiming to release weekly builds (every friday) until the game is finished and if you're interested in ongoing progress I'm going to start posting updates on twitter:
https://twitter.com/alecgamble1

Thanks!

P#73490 2020-02-27 10:41 ( Edited 2020-03-21 10:31)