A little math puzzle for my first Pico-8 game.
Instructions (see also the in-game demo):
Pop pairs of numbers to gain points. When you pop numbers, you'll gain their units-digit of their sum, e.g:
3 + 5 = +8 points
7 + 7 = +4 points (because 7 + 7 is 14)
9 + 3 = +2 points (because 9 + 3 is 12)
after which, the popped pair is replaced with the result, and a new number is added onto the end. (It'll make sense after you've played.)
As a special bonus, if you would gain 0 points from a move (e.g. 0 + 0 or 8 + 2), you'll instead gain an extra turn.
- state of the art GRAPHICS and ANIMATIONS (well, scrolly bubbles and stuff)
- rudimentary sfx
- UI improvements
- in-game instructions/demo
- switch randomizer again, old one was a bit too cyclic
- tweak how random numbers are generated to be more even-looking
- fix a bug where only the last byte of your high score is saved (use dset/dget instead of poke/peek)
- initial version