Follow
Feneric

I develop software using Python, JavaScript, and many others. See my home page or find me on Twitter, itch.io, or GitHub.

Cart #anteform-0 | 2019-08-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Steve Johanson has disappeared and his girlfriend Sally Franklin has hired your detective agency to locate him. Even before you get on the scene there are signs that maybe this isn't just a simple missing persons case. Can you crack it? Explore Anteform Valley and its settlements, talk to its residents, search desks and files, and build up your skills as you collect clues to figure out what really happened to Steve and maybe even prevent it from happening again.

This is a sci-fi / horror detective story RPG in the style of the old-school 8-bit Ultima games as they were found on the C128. I hope you enjoy it.

It exhausts many of the resources available to a PICO-8 app, and required minimization before it could be converted into a cartridge (in fact this version fits with just one byte to spare). The

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #minima-0 | 2019-07-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The Land of Miskatonia needs a hero to save it from the evil Faxon and its minions. Can you be that hero? Explore Miskatonia and its settlements, talk to its residents, build up your skills, and finally challenge Faxon in its secret lair.

This is my little homage to the old-school 8-bit Ultima games as they were found on the C128. I hope you enjoy it.

It exhausts almost every resource available to a PICO-8 app, and required minimization before it could be converted into a cartridge. The full source of Minima is available on GitHub for anyone interested in how it works. I have also provided a manual for it in a couple of formats, so you may want to grab and peruse the Minima manual as a PDF or the Minima manual as an ePub as well as the cartridge itself. Downloadable binaries are also available on the Itch.io Minima page.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

50 comments