Finally, i got back to 194-8 !
lots of new stuff in this build so i decided to jump to 1.0
-Arrows to move
-X to Fire
-C to shoot big Lazor (the bottomleft jauge replenish when you catch pink globe)
- lots of cleaning in the code (i'm sure a lot more can be done)
- boss battle with intro, music & attack pattern
- ennemies lifebar
- catching yellow orb while already at full health will boost your main gun up to 4 times
- lots of new ennemies and they now spawn in some pattern
- after each boss you continue the game with tougher opponent, and a new color palette
- your ship now fly faster when not firing
- the overall difficulty is ranked up
- added player collision and life
- improved title screen
- put the right title -_-' it was 190-8 before ...
- added trail and engine FX
- added ground tower firing at the player
- added some new tiles and longer background loop
- added special power on C
- New "Lantern Games" Splashscreen
- Replaced the "nuke the screen" power with a big lazor
- Added pink collectable that recharge the lazor
- Added gold collectable that give health or more lazor if your health is full
- Title screen rework
- SFX for Lazor
- cleaner lazor beam
- yellow powerups now increase your fire rate if your health is already full
- Score screen with cartdata support for highscore
- smoke trail when you're or the ennemies are near death
- more FXs
- more BG environment
- fixed the fact that turret bullet can kill the ennemies
- boss arts done but not used ingame
My suggestion? Slow down scrolling just a bit and/or make enemies spawn higher up so there's a little more time to aim and shoot things, right now a lot of them are slipping past me.
It might also make things easier once you've added things that can hurt the player.
Thanks for the feedbacks and enthousiasm !
I've slowed the ennemies and made them spawn higher on the screen to make it easier but they'll still need real pattern instead of pure random :)
you can now kill everything on screen with "C" once you have filled the yellow jauge on the bottom left (it replenish slowly when you don't shoot)
and slowly adding other stuff :)
Really like this one. Nice combination of 1942 and bullet hell shooting.
I did get a little confused as to how the power-ups worked though. Sometimes the yellow orbs restored health, other times, they upgraded the weapon and other times, did nothing. I'm sure I'm missing something there.
Anyway, I did a quick playthrough and made a video about it here:
[Please log in to post a comment]