keyboardonly
Super Mario Bros. Demo
by
Battle Against a Rotund Ant
by
Journey to Silius DX Soundtrack
by

Cart #kbo_fight_0-0 | 2024-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a fighting game test made completely through ChatGPT and Claude a couple months ago.

I am not going to go any further with this, but maybe someone will find it useful for their own project.

Player 1 uses the default controls. I belive X is heavy attack (slower but does more damage) and O is light attack.

You can do a quarter-circle-forward motion plus one of the attacks and it will throw a fireball (like a hadouken from Street Fighter: down, then down+forward, then forward+attack but in one smooth motion). The attack button used determines the speed.

0 comments

Cart #kbo_ninja-2 | 2024-09-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is basically just a boss fight with a little bit of platforming. Gameplay is inspired by Ninja Gaiden on NES.

v0.1c -- Accidentally removed coyote timing, so it's back and controls are a little easier. Cleaned up a few things. Boss is not quite as overwhelming anymore.

v0.1b -- Redesigned the layout of the "tutorial" area as to not kill you immediately if you don't understand what to do, and the boss fight is now harder. The boss is much more aggressive overall, and I think it has made for a better encounter.

There is a secret way to fight him without the fire upgrade if you really want an endurance challenge. Coins still don't do anything, and the game still kind of ends after the boss.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #kizudegizu-0 | 2024-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Title screen music from the NES game Wizards & Warriors. Original was by the great David Wise.

2 comments

Cart #zejufimadu-0 | 2024-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Use the up and down arrow keys to move across the center line.

Cross the moving line for bonus points.

3 comments

Cart #gridsandballs-0 | 2024-03-18 | Embed ▽ | No License

Just testing changing video resolutions and drawing a grid in different sizes. Has a lot of random things I was just playing around with, like sprite scaling, using a custom mouse cursor and getting coordinates. Originally was drawing the grid using sprites, but line() turned out to be easier. Was having a hard time getting sspr to stretch a single pixel row correctly.

The balls get recreated every time the grid size or resolution changes.

0 comments

Cart #inflatingblobs-0 | 2024-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Still learning this thing (I am not a programmer). Had an idea for an easy game but wanted to see how I could get blob-type graphics working first to see how they'd potentially look. Kind of fun to watch.

0 comments