bluetiecasual
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #kpjagugu-1 | 2022-10-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls & Rules

⬅️⬆️⬇️➡️ - Move the snake!
Z - Next line in conversation | Start game
X - Undo previous move | Respawn

Snakedventure

Move around the level finding fruits to eat and grow longer, but there'll also be rooms to unlock, NPCs to meet, and quests to complete! Once you've found all the fruits and are of the right size, slide your way into a very special sweater from a special someone.

Quarterly Made Games HK

Quarterly Made Games HK is game development collective based in Hong Kong with the aim of developing and finishing personal project(s) every 3 months. It’s low stakes, low pressure, and focused on motivating people with a shared environment and deadline.

Credits

Developed by BlueTieCasual

Development Background

Hello! This would be my third published project and looking back at my previous two projects it has certainly been a journey! While I still like I have so much left to understand about the game development process, it's strange to feel like I'm actually starting to learn a thing or two, specifically with designing and programming (especially tables and arrays!) As for Snakedventure, it actually began as two separate projects, one to develop a dialogue system and the other to clone the classic game Snake as a weekend project. I ended up wondering if I could combine the two and thus Snakedventure took shape!

If people have feedback or suggestions I'd be open to hear them! Also here are the resources I learned from for this project if anybody else was curious:

P#119386 2022-10-20 16:03 ( Edited 2022-10-21 11:53)

Cart #kibepirwi-0 | 2022-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls & Rules

⬅️⬆️⬇️➡️ - Move Puni!
Z - Spin clockwise!
X - Spin counter clockwise!

Use Puni's elements to warm up or cool down the sad sprits of the forest and bring them back into balance!

Credits

Development Background

Puni! was developed in 10 days in submission to Global Game Jam Hong Kong 2022 (GGJHK2022) following the theme of duality. Quick note: while GGJ is typically a 48-hour period, GGJHK had allowed a 10-day period which I chose so that I could take my time and not over stress myself.

Also although this is my 7th consecutive year participating in GGJ, this is my first year on my own which was exciting! I also have in progress GIFs over the days of development on Twitter in case people were interested.

P#106029 2022-01-31 08:58

Cart #kakupinizo-0 | 2022-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls & Rules

⬅️➡️ - Move the cursor!
Z - Fire the claw grabber!
X - Start / Restart the game!

Use the claw grabber to reach the flag at the end of each level while avoiding the waves that comes rising up every so often!

Claw Grabber

Stranded on a cliff face, you must now reach safety with your trusty claw grabber while avoiding the waves that'll jump up and bring you down! This was a personal project used to learn how to program via PICO-8 and developed as part of Quarterly Made Games HK.

Quarterly Made Games HK

Quarterly Made Games HK is game development collective based in Hong Kong with the aim of developing and finishing personal project(s) every 3 months. It’s low stakes, low pressure, and focused on motivating people with a shared environment and deadline. The other submissions for the Q4 2021 period can be found here, although not developed in PICO-8: Q4 2021 QMGHK itch.io collection

Credits

Development Background

Hello forums! I'm a complete game dev beginner and have been trying to learn for some time now, but only recently got myself motivated enough to 'finish' a project and figured I'd post on the forums as well! It's been an incredibly fascinating journey thus far, learning how to plan, program, and how much I dislike level design so even if this project is done, if people have comments or suggestions I'd be open to hear them! As for anybody else trying to learn, here are the resources I followed to help me along:

P#104203 2022-01-03 15:37 ( Edited 2022-01-03 15:37)