Cart #kakupinizo-0 | 2022-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls & Rules

⬅️➡️ - Move the cursor!
Z - Fire the claw grabber!
X - Start / Restart the game!

Use the claw grabber to reach the flag at the end of each level while avoiding the waves that comes rising up every so often!

Claw Grabber

Stranded on a cliff face, you must now reach safety with your trusty claw grabber while avoiding the waves that'll jump up and bring you down! This was a personal project used to learn how to program via PICO-8 and developed as part of Quarterly Made Games HK.

Quarterly Made Games HK

Quarterly Made Games HK is game development collective based in Hong Kong with the aim of developing and finishing personal project(s) every 3 months. It’s low stakes, low pressure, and focused on motivating people with a shared environment and deadline. The other submissions for the Q4 2021 period can be found here, although not developed in PICO-8: Q4 2021 QMGHK itch.io collection

Credits

Developed by BlueTieCasual

Development Background

Hello forums! I'm a complete game dev beginner and have been trying to learn for some time now, but only recently got myself motivated enough to 'finish' a project and figured I'd post on the forums as well! It's been an incredibly fascinating journey thus far, learning how to plan, program, and how much I dislike level design so even if this project is done, if people have comments or suggestions I'd be open to hear them! As for anybody else trying to learn, here are the resources I followed to help me along:

P#104203 2022-01-03 15:37 ( Edited 2022-01-03 15:37)

When I saw "Claw Grabber" I was thinking of a crane machine, @bluetiecasual. This is fine though. Needs more enemies than water for future builds maybe.

P#104238 2022-01-04 01:35

Thanks for playing and for the feedback! @dw817 Unfortunately the name was more placeholder and I didn't have the energy to redo the logo at the end. Enemies would be good to add! I originally intended to be more a agile-focused challenge (moving diagonally is faster than in a cardinal direction) with levels designed around it but found out I dislike designing levels.

P#104251 2022-01-04 03:58

[Please log in to post a comment]