Follow
Emalan-P
[ :: Read More :: ]

Hello all,

With the release of the alpha of Picotron, I've been thinking about how the growth and adoption of Picotron may possibly affect PICO-8 as well.

I'm curious to hear what any of you have to say — Do you think Picotron will make PICO-8 obsolete due to its more advanced tools, or do you think PICO-8 will maintain its appeal? Will much interest from the community flow towards Picotron leaving PICO-8 behind, or do they occupy distinct niches that can coexist?

As someone who has a few PICO-8 projects I have been working on that have yet to be completed/released, I'm wondering which fantasy platform might be more worthwhile in the long run to focus on, if a choice must be made. I wonder what PICO-8 will still have that would continue to attract those who might also be interested in Picotron.

When Picotron gets into full swing, will any of you keep sticking around with PICO-8 or will you mostly switch to the new platform?

Thoughts?

P#144477 2024-03-26 00:18 ( Edited 2024-03-26 00:23)

This is much more than just a small feature request because it would likely require much more effort to make it happen (if it's even feasible).
But while I was using Splore and looking at the "search BBS thread" and "open thread in browser" actions, I started wondering: Once the login feature has been added to PICO-8, would it be possible to access the BBS directly from PICO-8 as well? Has this idea been floated around before? And if it is not possible in PICO-8, then what about Picotron?

If it's possible then it could be a neat way to unify the whole PICO-8 experience within the software.

Any thoughts?

P#122162 2022-12-10 17:43

Vertical and horizontal scroll bars in the code editor would be a godsend. The code editor isn't exactly the easiest to navigate (especially when trying to move horizontally), so for the sake of accessibility, this would be a wonderful addition.

P#122036 2022-12-08 17:08 ( Edited 2022-12-09 18:58)

Forgive me if this is commonly known (I am new). I simply want to know how I could set a different folder as the directory for saving existing carts and creating new ones as opposed to the files being saved right in the \pico-8\carts file. Say I wanted to save all of my projects in the folder \pico-8\carts\projects.

P#104927 2022-01-12 22:48

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 08:51:10 | 0.090s | Q:8