Hi, I'm Tred, and I do stuff.

Musical Keypad
by tredI9100
SameGame clone
by tredI9100
cavecopter
by tredI9100
[ :: Read More :: ]

A screensaver featuring 20 coloured rectangles wiggling around the screen.
Controls are shown on startup.

Cart #madepiyura-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#146389 2024-04-11 19:33 ( Edited 2024-04-12 14:02)

A phone keypad to make some tunes with.

The number keys play different notes, and the */# keys are drums.

Controls:

• Arrows: Select digit
  • O: Enter digit
  • X: Delete (hold to clear box)

Cart #rideseyuyi-1 | 2024-04-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#146113 2024-04-08 23:32 ( Edited 2024-04-09 10:56)

A simple SameGame clone with limited and endless modes.

Cart #raziwapafe-0 | 2024-04-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rules

In SameGame, you need to remove groups of like-coloured tiles from a randomly-generated board. Clearing larger groups of tiles will award you more points. You cannot remove individual tiles.
Tiles will fall downwards if the tiles below them have been removed. If a column is cleared completely, all of the tiles to the right of it will be shifted left to close the gap.

Modes

Both modes start with the grid full of random tiles.

• Normal Mode
    In Normal Mode, the goal is to remove as many tiles from the board as possible. The score and move counters don't really mean much in this mode.
  • Endless Mode
    In Endless Mode, the goal is to gain as many points as you can in as few moves as possible. New tiles enter from the top of the board to fill gaps made by removing existing tiles.
    If the board somehow enters a state where no valid moves are available, then all tiles are removed from the board and a new board is generated. This does not grant any additional points.
P#145988 2024-04-07 17:45

The Jelpi demo included with PICO-8, but with a cheat menu that can do some pretty funny stuff.

Cart #kogasobiro-0 | 2024-04-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cheats

Page 1:

• RESTART LEVEL: Restarts the current level. Unmodified from the original version.
  • THANOS SNAP: Activates the glitch mushroom effect, but way more intense. Destroys the game pretty much instantly.
  • MAKE BREAKABLE: Makes all of the tiles in the current level breakable.
  • SKIP LEVEL: Skips the current level.

Page 2:

• INVINCIBILITY: Activates the invincibility power-up effect for the duration of the current level.
  • INFINITE CHARGE: Disables the cooldown on Jelpi's charge attack, allowing him to go very, VERY fast.
  • TOO MANY GEMS: Turns the breakable blocks and some background objects into gems.
  • BLOCK DRAGONS: Replaces dragon spawn points with loot boxes.
P#145884 2024-04-06 11:49

Cave Copter

Cart #cavecopter-0 | 2024-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

In this game, you pilot a helicopter descending into a cave, and your goal is to get as deep inside as possible without crashing into the ceiling or floor.

Every 20 seconds, the speed of your helicopter will increase, so you will need to stay alert to not crash into the terrain!
The final speed increase is at 400 seconds, after that the game will not get any faster.
This game is a PICO-8 adaptation of the Wii homebrew game Helii.

P#139514 2024-01-02 02:48

Cart #fidiyuzeme-2 | 2023-04-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A simple racing game, arrow keys to change the car's direction.
The car cannot be stopped, like in Snake, and it explodes even if you slightly brush up against the wall.
You have to do 3 laps without crashing to win, post your times below!
If you find any bugs, then please let me know.
Changes in 1.1:

• Updated graphics slightly
  • The number 3 on the lap indicator now turns green upon winning
  • Added another row of one-way blocks to the finish line

Known issues for 1.1:
  • Code is still a mess, 1.2 will likely prompt a full rewrite of the code if I ever make it
    Known issues for 1.0:
  • The number 3 on the lap indicator does not turn green when you finish the race
  • You can reverse out of the finish line and go back onto it as long as you have not crossed onto the one-way blocks, and it still counts as a lap
P#121793 2022-12-04 04:39 ( Edited 2023-04-19 20:29)

Cart #kodugeneze-0 | 2022-12-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A simple top-down "game" that I made featuring Jelpi, arrow keys to move.
This is the first proper thing I've done with PICO-8 and text-based programming in general, not including my other test thing that I uploaded about a year ago, as that was just a simple "hello world" program.
It took a year to make this as I've only recently started using PICO-8 again, but it was nice to make something with it!
There's definitely a lot of ways this could be improved, like making the code more compact and readable, or stopping the "loading" icon from appearing when you wait at the title screen, so any advice and tips will be greatly appreciated! :)

P#121733 2022-12-02 17:38 ( Edited 2022-12-02 17:47)

Cart #yomireyoso-0 | 2021-11-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Turns out that PICO-8 might actually be easier to use than I initially thought.

P#99821 2021-11-08 20:01