Follow
Droodle
SHOW MORE

Cart #wujisijahi-14 | 2022-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A bullet hell game with platformer RPG elements in between challenging mini-bullet-hell-encounters.

Featuring:

• 20 unique bullet-hell boss fights
  • A pretty alright story
  • A lever with an attitude

I can beat this in under 30 minutes, but every later fight needs to be puzzled out, I reckon there's more than an hour of gameplay here. There's no save feature unfortunately, so be aware!

X / M
Interact with NPCs and reveal the lore behind this broken kingdom you apparently rule.

Z / N
Jump & start combat encounters

In combat touch the red wall of the arena to damage the opponent

If a particular encounter is giving you trouble, you can enable 'drain mode' from the options menu. This will slowly drain the opponent's HP rather damaging them with attacks, think of it like an 'easy mode'

I made this game over about a month and a half; I wanted to make something kinda Undertaley, I don't know how much I succeeded, but I like this! I hit the cart size limit, which surprised me, but luckily I had most of what I wanted in the game.

@hahhah42 set up a speedrunning leaderboard!? That's pretty cool! Here it is for anyone interested
https://www.speedrun.com/kingabullethellrpg

P#103651 2021-12-28 03:50 ( Edited 2022-03-12 21:23)

SHOW MORE

Cart #dtekopyu-1 | 2021-04-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

DESCRIPTION

You woke up today and decided to make a pie. You found a helpful recipe card in a drawer somewhere, but to your dismay found a woeful lack of the required ingredients! Your quest is to find the required ingredients and bake a pie!

CONTROLS

• Arrows: Move
  • Z/N: Look at pie recipe
  • X/M: Interact with an object

Interact with stuff! If it doesn't help to further your pie-goals, at least it might have some entertaining flavor text!

CREDITS

All the coding, art, sound design, etc. was done by yours truly.
Special thanks to the Pico-8 discord for being helpful and answering my questions!

I got ahold of Pico-8 about 2 months ago, and I started working on this about two days into learning it, so... this took longer to make than I was thinking. But I think it's cute, and I learned a lot, so I like it!

P#90037 2021-04-05 20:50

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 01:50:29 | 0.092s | Q:14