(Receive email notifications)
An animated section of the first scene of the great game The Secret of Monkey Island.
(Receive email notifications)
Tread lightly! The transport lanes of intergalactic space have been seeded with mines from an alien vessel.
Use your mine destroying blaster to blow up the mines before they annihilate you! You may survive the floating mines, but beware of the fireball, magnetic, and treacherous fireball-magnetic mines!
. . . 30 fields, each one more difficult, await you!
Enemy minelayer in action
Clearing a mine field
Duel with the minelayer
⬆️⬇️ Navigate through the options.
🅾️ Change an option. [z]
❎ Enter the first mine field.
⬅️➡️ Rotates your mine destroying ship.
Control settings #1:
🅾️ Escape: Mysteriously moves your ship to a new location. [z]
❎ Fire: Launches rockets at the mines.
⬆️ Thrust: Moves your ship forward.
Control settings #2:
⬇️ Escape [z]
Control settings #3:
⬆️ Escape [z]
Maneuver your ship within the galaxy in an effort to destroy the mines.
As you travel through space, fire at the mines. As you destroy them, additional mines will become activated. Be careful . . . the minelayer may reappear to seed the field, but you can blast him as well.
Once you make that part of the galaxy safe, you immediately travel to the next mine field. There are 30 different mine fields, each one becoming increasingly difficult.
After your ship is destroyed, a new ship is randomly placed back into the currently active mine field.
Beware: When rammed by the minelayer the mine field is reset!
Original mode, a mine field is reset after the ship's destruction.
Points are awarded for destroying the mines, as follows:
Type of Mine .L. . .M. . .S. .
Floating . . 100 . 135 . 200 .
Fireball . . 325 . 360 . 425 .
Magnetic . . 500 . 535 . 600 .
Magnetic-. . 750 . 785 . 850 .
Fireball . . . . . . . . . . .
Additionally, 110 points are earned for hitting the fireball itself and 1000 points for hitting the minelayer.
Thank you for volunteering!
Mine field 1 is cleared by many new recruits with "ease".
Mine field 2 is very tough, until you learn to keep your distance and always fire straight lines at fireball mines.
Mine field 3 seems to be a "piece of cake" compared to the previous if you have mastered the art of thrust.
Mine field 4 . . . the end for many aspiring pilots. Once passed, you have mastered to eliminate all mine types.
Now it's up to you!
There were made some changes and additions in the design of the game compared to the original:
- The scale of all game objects have been adjusted to suit the smaller screen size better.
- The movement physics have been adjusted to suit the smaller screen size better.
- Single player only
- Two levels of difficulty
- Multiple ship control settings
- Autofire (default) is a feature in the options menu.
- A bonus ship is awarded every 3 levels, instead of every 4 levels.
- 30 mine fields, instead of 13.
- Space dust is not included.
- The ships mysterious escape feature is much safer to use than in the original.
- The overlay HUD shows the current mine field number in the bottom left corner.
- The overlay HUD is dynamic and parts are being turned on and off during game play.
- A victory screen is awarded after clearing all 30 mine fields.
- Persistent high score.
Executables available on itch.io