A demake of gamedesign.jp's "chat noir".
Updated, thanks to your valuable feedback.
Three difficulty modes:
- normal: 6 spots are blocked at start.
- easy: 12 spots.
- practice: 18 spots.
Visible distance is now a toggle and does not reset the current game.
Moves is now a separate setting, 1 or 2 per each of the cat's one move.
Wins are tracked in the upper left-hand corner. Plays are not counted.
Cartdata saves win count, difficulty, visibility, and move setting.
After a win or loss, the game waits for a button press to reset.
This is my first PICO-8 cartridge, and my first time with Lua outside config files for i3wm.
Petri is a puzzle game based on a problem I've been obsessing over for a few years.
It's Conway's Game of Life, but run backwards. It's pretty tough, even the 6x6 board.
Let me know what you think.
- removed todo in tab 1
- fixed cart data bug. defaults to six if not present
- fixed graphical bug after resizing to 6x6. tiles deliberately zeroed now.
- better difficulty levels
- created levels
- save/load/share in-progress puzzles
- notes/single-cell test mode
- more thorough instructions