this is my very first game. It is a one dimensional city building game. Any kind of feedback is welcomed.
Hope you enjoy it!
Button UP / DOWN: choose action
Button RIGHT / LEFT: move around
Button O (mobile) / Z or C (desktop): execute action at current position
GROW OF BUILDINGS (level 1 - 6)
- for level 2: fire station and enough energy from wind mills (anywhere)
- for level 3: school and recycling point
- for level 4: subway station and train station (anywhere)
- for level 5: 2x parks / lake / mountains (w/o wind mills) and stadium (anywhere)
for level 6: attraction (anywhere)
- infrastructure which is not marked with "anywhere", needs to be in the range of 5 blocks
- in case the required infrastructure is available, the mood is good (green bar below the building) and the building can grow
- in case the required infrastructure is not available (e.g. missing energy), the mood is bad (red bar below the building) and no taxes are being paid
EARN MEDALS (level 7)
- to earn medals for leisure, your city needs parks and attractions
- to earn medals for infrastructure, your city needs more fire stations, schools and subway stations
- to earn medals for size, your city needs more and higher buildings
I wouldn't have thought this would have worked so well on a line! Very nice distillation of the concept. I had some unanswered questions, though, such as: when it comes to transportation funding, can I cut back? Will I regret it? Perhaps the game could have some sort of help or "advisor" functionality that would provide perspective on such issues.
@sven.liese maybe it's just cause I'm dumb but I mean I was putting down a school on the other side of a lake and were people going to it? maybe? I was putting houses where ever unsure if putting factories by the residential mattered. Just if they do matter it isn't said in the game at all to my knowledge.
For suggestions if factories by houses does matter maybe it would be cool if the houses had a "!" above them like a "hey!"
Thanks, @sven.liese. I see you cannot bulldoze a recycling plant though.
If you have the code you might add firetrucks on the move. Vehicles such as police cars. Actual fires occurring on buildings, occurs more often when people are angry or upset because of living conditions.
Show population number. Show mood. Show percentage before attaining next level of development. Give suggestions if player is obviously stuck for minutes at a time.
Otherwise this is pretty neat. Gold star for you.
[Please log in to post a comment]