Cart #spherebuster2-2 | 2022-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my last pico8 vector game project and a sequel of my first pico8 game, Sphere buster.

Multiple gameplay options are available to make it play like either asteroids or asteroids deluxe.

I kinda burned up making vectors so I'll make pixel games again after this project. I'll also dig tic-80 to port some of my pico8 games and make new games that utilize its superior performance and more buttons.

Anti-aliased vectors by elice and freds72.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=49754

This is sweet. I can't imagine the magic of vectors. Someday I'll look into them.

really fun! loved all the different configurations, cameras and colors, adds a lot of replayability

The graphics are so wonderful!!!
Great work :)

1.1 patch

• reduced difficulty

This may just be an old observation, @hijongpark I've had in my head for a long time now.

If you shoot an object that is approaching you, shouldn't the force of the shot push the object away instead of sending a fragment straight at the angle of where the shot originally came from ?

In playing this I have noticed shooting at a larger object, one of the fragments just heads straight towards me despite me having just fired a shot in the opposite direction.

@dw817 the smaller asteroids trajectory is based on the mother asteroid's.

The atari's asteroids worked in the same way and attacking big asteroids from behind was the important survival method.

Yep. I noticed it in Asteroids too. As it was I was never good at that game always getting pummeled by what I shot at. Hmm ... I wonder what the real science behind it would be ?

If you shoot at something can a fragment's trajectory return to the exact angle of the shooter ?

Anyways you followed the conventional arcade mechanics so this is Gold star work. Thanks. :)

1.2 patch

reduced allowed amount of spheres on screen for optimization.

[Please log in to post a comment]