Suzie and Bob are trapped in a merciless world. Can you fight your way out?
- Random maps
- Multiple enemies
- Multiple weapons (but one at a time!)
- Loop-based difficulty
- Supports keyboard/mouse
- arrow keys: move & gun direction
- bttn 1: fire & lock direction
- bttn 2: pick up weapon
Mouse (selected in option menu):
- arrow keys: move
- mouse: gun direction
- left click: fire
- right click: pick up weapon
Note: any resemblance with a famous Vlambeer game must be purely accidental...
- fixed: woobly sprites
- fixed: actors stuck on corners
- fixed: warp in/out effect
- changed: impact feedback
- changed: health upgrade on loop
- fixed: unexpected god mode
- fixed: boss hp
- fixed: boss attack
- changed: tweaked game speed
- change:balanced high level gameplay (loop)
- preview version
2nd finished game (last was Thunderblade). Took 4 months to complete & refine.
Un-minified source available on Github:
All entities (actors, weapons, particles, levels) defined using json (worth 3500 tokens!). A lightweight parser (450 tokens) converts strings into lua tables.
Entities are created using a parent template with support for:
- lua references
- random values
- method & attributes override
Player weapon (and couple of other sprites) are rotated in real-time using an optimized sprite routine. It is fast enough to allow ~10+ sprites on screen (before tanking FPS!)
An actor map is maintained each frame. It allows immediate bullet/actors lookup.
Only player/npc collisions are checked to ensure player cannot zip through enemies.
A-* path is refreshed for a single npc per frame. It ensures a large number of npc’s can be created without too much cpu stress.
Sprites are added to buckets matching their y pixel coordinate.
Saves both cpu and tokens as no global sort is required :]
Cart is minified using picotool (19k compressed). All json attributes are replaced by their short equivalent using output from minification script:
cat nuke.p8 | minify | replace > nuke_mini.p8
Missing In Action:
- RPG aspects (upgrades/xp/abilities...)
- Good music (for total lack of musical skills!!)
[Please log in to post a comment]