Well still a little WIP due to lack of time :P
- Added title screen with story and title music
- Added sfx
- Added holes in floor that kills you
- Added black drops that cancels chain score and deducts some points
How to play
- Arrows left/right + action buttons to jump
- Jump from drop to drop to release energy and score points
- Normal drops pop all nearby drops with the same color
- Super-Drops[tm] (with a small sun inside) pops all other drops nearby
- Chains multiply score for each subsequent nearby drops - there's a separate sound to indicate chain bonus
- Avoid holes!
- Avoid black drops which will lower score and kill you
That's great! I love the look of those colorful drops! Maybe a post-jam version with little notes played when drops explode?? Super cute entry anyway!
There are many flavors of substances which alter the human perception: Stimulants, depressants, narcotics, hallucinogens. And the pressure to use them, to make one's experience more colorful, as it were, to make the ordinary more enrapturing than it might otherwise have been, it overtakes many of us in the end. To see through a looking glass that has been painted over with a cheerful image, preferable to one transparent, allowing one to see the reality which lies beyond, because of conditioning where one sees it as dull, as boring, as something not worth celebrating. An exposure of that tendency allows one to see more clearly through the looking glass, if only for a short time, and maybe it will serve as a mirror that changes the attitude of the viewer toward their own actions.
It took me some time to realize that I could climb up the drops and trigger chain reactions! It is satisfying to see many circles exploding one after the other!
I like the ending screen :)
I like to see how many raindrops I can pop at once! Would have loved little sounds for the explosions.
Cute, simple, well done! I included it in my Pico-8 Jam #1 compilation video series, if you’d like to take a look :) https://youtu.be/LE0NF8O7rUM
[Please log in to post a comment]