Simple and fast faking of cables hanging between two points (made for another project).
Not physic base, it use Bézier curves to fake a lot of cables at once (±320 cables at 10 steps, @30fps)
- Right and left click to move last cable's start/end point.
- ❎ to add a cable
- 🅾️ to remove a cable
- ➡️ to increase number of steps
- ⬅️ to decrease number of steps
- ⬇️ or wheel-down to increase the dangling of the cables
- ⬆️ or wheel-up to decrease the dangling of the cables
- pause menu to enable/disable debug view (show steps and controls points)
- fixed buttons UI typo
- added dangling control
- tweaked controls
@dw817, that's the premise of Christmas Sneks 2. The light string has a draping arc when it's plugged in, but I based on circular curve rather than a Bézier curve, which would have been much cooler. I really wanted a catenary, but didn't have the time or inclination to figure out the math.
[Please log in to post a comment]