Also available on itch.io.
Bandits are taking over the town and you're the only gunslinger around that can stop them. Battle through 5 bandit camps in this turn based rogue-like western to win the lucrative bounty or die trying.
How to play
This game uses gamepad and keyboard controls and involves rotating with left and right buttons. The player may take the following actions on their turn:
- Move - Select and move to a free tile
- Revolver - Aim at a direction and shoot at a target or reload bullet
- Punch - Select a target next to you and push it
- Sprint - Perform two move actions
- Bullet Hail - Unload all bullets and reload all bullets
Note that the revolver will turn clock-wise or counter-clockwise when moving or shooting.
- Do keep in mind that explosives also push objects around. So keep away from traps and other bandidos so they don't get in your way.
- It is not only the trapper guy who can push stuff. You are also able to push his traps.
- Once you reach the last camp, do keep in mind that the boss man takes two actions per turn.
- UI: Show an arrow for the selected action's rotation direction
- UI: Added a bouncing arrow/chevron above what is targeted by the gun
- FIX: Player's selected aim was messed up after being pushed by explosives
- AI: Gun men now shoot TNT barrels if you're next to one
- FEATURE: Punching bandits now stun them for a turn
- FEATURE: Bullet hail now breaks wooden fences
- FEATURE: Player and bandits behind brick walls will now protect them from explosions (the wall will however be destroyed)
- GFX: Added background clutter
- GFX: Tweaked sapper and trapper sprites so they are more different from each other
- UI: Revolver actions are now properly labeled fire/reload depending on state of chamber.
- GFX/UI: Dynamite sticks now have a particle fizz on last turn before it blows up
- MUSIC: Added Bonanza as victory tune
- FIX: Using the first sprint action on an invalid space doesn't disable action selection anymore.
- FEATURE: Added a much requested action: "wait/sleep". It lets the player stand and wait for a turn.
- FEATURE: You can now select actions during the game without opening the actions menu with up/down buttons.
- UI: Icon for the selected action is now always shown in the middle of the revolver graphic.
This is awesome. A heart for me, easily. One of the best RLs i've played for pico8. Gonna keep hacking at it until I beat the last level!
It took me a little while to differentiate the different bad guys - maybe different colored ponchos or faces would make it easier, in addition to what is in their hands?
It's one of best carts I've found so long! Great game and i love the system! Took only a little bit of time to understend all the rules. Great job!
Just found a bug! You can't do anithing if you're blocked without the "push" ability
I got softlocked. I was cornered with dynamite, and I ran out of punches. I couldn't walk over the dynamite and I tried to sprint away with nowhere to go. Now, I can't even check my actions because I have nowhere to go. If you have the token space, something needs to be set up to skip my turn or something.
[Please log in to post a comment]