Follow
bud
[ :: Read More :: ]

hey all, very new to the p8 community (literally purchased p8 5 minutes ago)!

i've been a developer/designer in the space for a little while and own a studio building software/games, and as of recently, my team is looking to develop one of our community-projects for the gameboy color. naturally, i have built a custom gbc with the funnyplaying ips, rechargable batteries, and have a flash cart to play homebrew games on.

this release will be sent to our community as a physical cart that we'll flash and design a beautiful box/packaging for. really pulling at those nostalgia-strings.

i have been playing porklike on my gbc nonstop, it's gotta be one of my favorite pick-up-and-play games in a long time. i've watched a few of the p8 tutorials for the game by lazy devs on yt (what lead me to purchase p8), but i'm unsure how to convert p8 roms to the gameboy?

i found a lua compiler on github that looks like it converts roms, but i wanted to ask the community directly how to get this done? i love the experience of p8 and that it's a turnkey option, but i just need to know i'll be able to convert my p8 roms to .gbc format and have it run.

not sure if porklike gb is a port that was created after, but it's hard to imagine it would be that hard to convert p8 roms to gbc.

anyways... thank you all for your help, and i'm so impressed by this community. can't wait to show everyone what we've got in the works!

P#113263 2022-06-17 15:45