lazzoak is following

Following | Followers
Follow

About me

I began using pico-8 and joined the lexaloffle community in late August 2019; I had not previously used Lua. My first pico-8 game was snake using circles for the body segments.

I like to write my own code, then once my code is working I look up other implementations to see ideas I could try next time I code something similar.

I'm looking forwards to Picotron.

A few links of programming interest

(This section still in progress.)

Usborne 1980s computer books as PDFs

The publisher Usborne, who publish books for children, have put some of their 1980s programming books up for free download as pdfs via Google drive: https://usborne.com/gb/books/computer-and-coding-books

Found via Chris Alcock's Morning Brew: https://blog.cwa.me.uk/

About my comments (or lack thereof)

If I don't comment on a great game, I probably gave it a like but I had nothing more to say than wow!. And I didn't want to add a comment to the BBS with nothing more than wow!.

About questions I answer

If I have written code in answer to your question, I probably tried to suit it to the style of code you had already put up. If you are following a tutorial, I will have mistaken the style of code used in the tutorial for your own style, and may have given an answer you can't follow; I apologise here for this - but I sincerely hope the tutorial you are following is explaining the code it is using sufficiently that you can follow my answer.

I also try to make my comments (inside and outside the code) reasonably accessible to all - if I have explained something you already knew, it's because it's there for others to read as well.

Thanks.

Other users to look at the profiles of

A very short list of people who have interesting carts to look at.

2darray

BoneVolt

enargy (hosts jams)

MBoffin (makes video tutorials)

Mot (has almost instant 3d code for some 2d games through redefining map and spr)

paranoidcactus

Sophie Houlden

Follow