Follow
borgar
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #mahjong-0 | 2022-08-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Rules

I guess most people will already know how to play Mahjong solitaire, but if you don't:

You will be given a pile of tiles. A tile may only be removed when it is possible to move it either to the left or right and no other tile is in the way, and no other tiles covers it either fully or partially. Remove tiles by pairing together same glyphs. Remove every tile to win.

There are four of each tile and they match only a tile with the exact same face. An exception to this are the flowers and seasons which may match any of the others of the same group:

Flowers:

Seasons:

About

The game will default to creating a random pile that has at least one guaranteed solution path but there is an option for a completely randomly generated pile if you prefer the challenge.

Playable with both controller and mouse.

P#115946 2022-08-20 17:50

Cart #octopus-0 | 2022-07-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A remake of Octopus, a 1981 Game & Watch by Nintendo.

It can work as a watch/clock if you happen to have a Pico-8 device that you are happy leave on all the time. Otherwise just use up/down to select game A or B and either button to start the game.

This was an interesting challenge: The hardest part was squeezing the graphics into 128x128 pixels. Hopefully it still looks somewhat like the original. The "ink" parts do not suit the sprite/tile system at all and would be hard to fit in the graphics memory, so sprites are only used for the clock and score display as well as drawing the "rounded corners". Instead, I've RLE packed the graphics into strings and decompress them to screen every render, only drawing the relevant parts.

P#114959 2022-07-31 17:47

Cart #union_intro-0 | 2022-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A remake of the intro screen from the Union Demo. When the Union Demo was released I was in my teens. I had already started experimenting with programming and it (and similar demos) was definitely instrumental in pushing me towards a career in software development. I've made this little tribute while learning the basics of PICO-8.

P#114579 2022-07-20 16:42

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 21:16:54 | 0.118s | Q:17