Follow
misato

Geek, Gamer, Developer
www.misato.es

SHOW MORE

I have decided to make public my "game template" for the PICO-8. This is my starting point when I want to make a game.

It has a state machine, some utility functions (very basic) and an example of metatable usage (objects in Lua) with the Entity metatable. It includes a colision function (rectangles colision) for that Entity but it can be adapted to whatever you need.

I know there is another repository with something similar but I wanted to do my own mostly to learn and because everybody code differently.

You can get my template in this github repository

I hope this is helpful :)

P#31117 2016-10-17 13:33 ( Edited 2016-10-22 03:10)

SHOW MORE

You are searching for gold and glory (and loot!) so you have decided to join a competition to enter a cave and kill aliens. The more aliens killed, the more points you will get.

To do so, you have your powerful lighning gun. It splits in two every time it touches an enemy generating a nice chain reaction (and killing more aliens at one!)

Are you ready for the challenge?

Cart #21666 | 2016-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The game was made by a team of 2:

• jayminer : graphics, music, sfx and those nice effects in the start and game over screen
  • misato : coding

Unfortunately we didn't have time to add a lot of ideas like the loot, different caves, etc. We also know that difficulty should be better adjusted (it's now easy). However we plan on updating it after the jam ends.

Enjoy it!

P#21667 2016-05-29 18:37 ( Edited 2016-06-21 16:02)

SHOW MORE

I just participated in the LowRezJam and since the theme was making a game in 64x64 resolution I though the PICO8 would be perfect for this.

I would like to share the game that I created for the jam with everybody here.

We must play the fox is a simple stealth game about Foxy a cute fox that loves eggs. He has to take as many as he can before being noticed by the chickens.

The map is procedurally generated so every time you play it will be different.

The game has developed by 4 people:

• misato, mapedorr - developers
  • robrechtJ - developer and game art
  • milesgordon - music and fx

Take in account that it is not finished yet. This is as much as we could develop in the time of the jam. It is playable but there could be bugs and it lacks some functionality that we though about but we didn't have time to implement.

This is our very first time doing something for the PICO8. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it!

Cart #19892 | 2016-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#19895 2016-04-18 14:53 ( Edited 2016-04-18 19:13)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 05:29:11 | 0.076s | Q:12