@ToyCrab

Follow
Follow

Cart [#49430#] | 2018-02-19 | No License | Embed

Introducing the Plum vector editor for PICO-8!

https://davidwardandersen.github.io/

Update 4/2/18:
Made some UI changes based on feedback. Hopefully it's less painful to use now, although it still has a long way to go. You might have to clear your cache to see the changes.

The Canvas:

• Drag an image onto the canvas to use as a reference.
  • Shift-click on the canvas to place a vertex.
  • Click and drag a vertex to move it.
  • Click and drag a midpoint to add a vertex there.
  • Polygons are smoothed by default. Click a vertex to pin/unpin it.
  • Click a midpoint to toggle the edge color.
  • Click and drag on the canvas to select multiple vertices.
  • Hold Shift and drag a selection box to add vertices to the selection.
  • Hold Alt and drag to remove vertices from the selection.
  • Hold Z and drag to delete vertices.
  • Press A to select all current vertices.
  • Press S to deselect all current vertices.
  • Press Q to show/hide edges.
  • Press W to toggle transparency.

Other Stuff:

• Colors (below canvas) - Top row is fill color. Far right is no fill. Bottom row is line color.
  • Layers (right of canvas) - Layers are drawn from top to bottom. Drag to rearrange, drag to bottom to delete.
  • Polygons (right of layers) - Polygons on a layer have the same fill and line color. They also affect each other. For example, to create a hole in a shape, draw another shape inside on the same layer.
  • Save/Load - Copy the top text box for the current drawing. Paste into the bottom text box and press “enter” to load a drawing.

WARNING: Pressing “enter” will clear the current drawing.

Making Lines:

Tips:

• Drag a reference image onto the canvas instead of trying to draw freehand. Use transparency to see your reference.
  • There are only 16 layers, so try to group polygons with the same colors together.
  • The simpler the shapes are, the better. This isn’t really suited for detailed stuff, and small shapes are hard to work with at the moment.
  • Simple drawings means shorter strings, too.
  • You can paste the strings from the demo cart into the editor to see how they’re constructed.

I think that’s the important stuff to know. This is still super rough and there are a lot of features I want to add. The UI needs work, too.

Some features I want to add:

• Objects and instances
  • Puppet animation
  • Interpolation

I’m still learning as I go, so it’s been a lot of trial and error.

P.S. The name “Plum” isn’t an acronym, just a character I’ve wanted to make a game about for a while. I couldn’t think of a good name for this editor and she was the first thing I drew in it, so I just named it after her.

And here’s a demo cart from an older version of the editor I was working on in LÖVE.

Cart [#47300#] | 2017-12-12 | No License | Embed

Left and right to change images
Up and down to scale
Z and X to mirror

P#47301 2017-12-11 20:16 ( Edited 2018-04-03 01:59)

Cart [#36402#] | 2017-01-22 | No License | Embed

Swing a wrecking ball! Smash everything!

Thanks to TRASEVOL_DOG for this awesome jam. It was a lot of fun making a game AND designing a TV for it. I might tweak things after the jam is all over.

When the line turns bright blue, you have enough momentum to break bricks. You can get the wrecking ball to do a full 360, too. I thought it was cool so I didn't try to fix it.

P#36403 2017-01-22 18:04 ( Edited 2017-01-26 04:27)

Cart [#18912#] | 2016-02-22 | No License | Embed

I finally got A* pathfinding working. I know it's already been done in PICO-8 but it was a good learning exercise. Now I hope to use it in a little point-and-click adventure.

Arrow keys: Move cursor
Z: Set the starting point
X: Set the goal
Z and X: Generate a random level

P#18913 2016-02-22 02:12 ( Edited 2016-02-22 07:12)

Cart [#17182#] | 2015-11-29 | No License | Embed

Instructions:
Player 1 - Arrow keys
Player 2 - ESDF

Splash more puddles than your opponent before time runs out.

I think I'll have to call it done for now. But it's playable and there's a win condition, so I'm pretty happy.

Changes:
-Draw order is fixed
-Timer and win condition
-Puddles don't refill when player is standing on them

Cart [#17117#] | 2015-11-28 | No License | Embed

Changes:
-Rain and SFX
-Collision with playground equipment is working

Still need to work on draw order for the sprites.

Cart [#17087#] | 2015-11-27 | No License | Embed

Hey everyone! Been messing with Pico-8 for a few weeks now and I love it. This game jam seemed like good incentive to make an account and finish my first Pico-8 game. I don't really have any game development experience but I'm having fun learning.

The object is to splash more puddles than the other player. Puddles will reappear after a short time. Right now it's just 2 players. A CPU player probably won't happen before the jam ends, but I'd like to continue working on the game and figure that out.

To do:
-Rain
-Jumping, splashing and puddle filling animations
-Game end, either a timer or a score to reach
-Collision with playground equipment
-Title screen
-SFX and maybe music

P#17089 2015-11-27 02:04 ( Edited 2017-10-04 23:03)

X
About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2018-12-11 07:24 | 0.077s | 4194k | Q:75