NOTE: The full game has since been released, and can be found here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=124298#p

I'm finally ready to show off the beta version of my first game - a monster catching/training/fighting game called Little Eidolons!

It features a huge explorable overworld map, over 100 variations of Eidolon you can catch, and over 50 moves!

I'd love it if people would be willing to check it out and tell me what ya think, so I can make the final version as awesome as possible!

The save files are compatible with future versions as well, so you don't have to worry about losing your monsters when updating to the release version~

Cart #littleeidolons_1-16 | 2023-01-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Gameplay Overview

Gameplay is performed by navigating the overworld until you encounter either a wild Eidolon or an opposing trainer, which transitions the game to battle mode. Battle mode uses turn-based mechanics across a grid to allow you to fight - until all foes are defeated!

If you (the little wizard guy) fall in battle, it's an immediate game over! So you want to use the rest of your team members to protect them. But there's benefits to getting the finishing hit - if they defeat a wild Eidolon, you'll catch it and add it to your team! And if they defeat a trainer or their Eidolons, said character will drop an Eido Gem, an item you can have a unit end their turn on during battle to permanently enhance them.

Explore Mode Controls

Arrow Keys: Move player
❎: Pull up team menu, which allows you to view your Eidolons, and toggle party members

Battle Mode Controls

Arrow Keys: Move Cursor
πŸ…ΎοΈ: Select character, choose a space for them to move, or an enemy/ally for them to perform an action on
❎: Deselect character, pull up unit info sheet

Stat Overview

Each Eidolon has 5 stats, which are as follows:
[8x8]
Attack: Each point increases damage dealt by 10%
[8x8]
Defense: Each point decreases damage taken by 10%
[8x8]
Accuracy: Each point increases the chance to hit by 10%
[8x8]
Evasion: Each point decreases the chance of enemy attacks to hit by 10%
[8x8]
Movement: Each point allows to Eidolon to move an additional space on their turn

A Special Note

There's an extremely rare class of Eidolons known as albinos - you'll immediately pick them out because they're usually white/light grey and and pink or red eyes. If you see one, you should totally take the chance to catch them and show them off! (They're the counterpart to the Pokemon series' Shiny Pokemon.)

P#123736 2023-01-05 15:28 ( Edited 2023-11-05 04:44)

I didnt have enough time to really play it, but wow, i will take that time, this looks proper polished!

P#124154 2023-01-12 17:59

What a marvelous little tactical game, @SmartAlloc. Most enjoyable and playable. You are smart indeed !

Gold star for you !

P#124157 2023-01-12 18:53

Thanks, I appreciate it, guys! I'll be sure to try and get out the finished version of it soon!

P#124189 2023-01-13 01:26

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 03:40:13 | 0.033s | Q:18