Hello! this is my first post. i made i simple menu using gryphon 3d v2 library, but i have no idea how to make other parts of the game. i made "scenes" system based of scene system in gryphon, but its only 2 of them, with one completely empty, for tests. also movment is enabled for same reason. im opened for offerings and reported mistakes in code.

Cart #manoflight01-0 | 2022-11-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

/////////////////

//--movement--//

left -- turn left.

right -- turn right.

up -- go forward.

down -- go backwards.

X to go to the next scene.

////////////

--to DO (kind of):--

--switch animation between scenes.

--actual gameplay and levels.

--story with mysteries and "oooh its all connected!!" moments.

-- release a game that wouldn't be a total faillure...

P#121310 2022-11-24 13:54

Good beginning, @ioil13. I'm not sure what the game is about though.

P#121325 2022-11-24 15:46 ( Edited 2022-11-24 15:46)

@dw817 oh, right. i forgot about it.
At first, I wanted to make a game like picohot or ultrakill, on a much smaller scale, of course. Now, I'm not sure that I can make a 3D environment (especially inside a building-like), but I don't want to transfer the game to 2D graphics either. It seems that using the griffin library, its possible to make an inseparable 3d environment, but I still do not have enough knowledge for this. Simply put, i must first decide on the concept of the game, and then think about the implementation.

P#121331 2022-11-24 16:41

ioil13 such library you only get you so far, there is no collision handling, no way to define a building (e.g. non traversable walls) and so on so forth.

May I suggest modding an existing game (say, https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=mot_sorcerer or https://github.com/freds72/poom-sdk)?

You could also start with some simpler 3d (like a Wolfenstein raycaster) to get you started with something you fully own.

Good luck!

P#121350 2022-11-24 21:16

@freds72 thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking about simpler raycasting method, but at some point i've lost it, ill think about that. Also i want to mention that there IS a method for collision check in this library. Its actually can even work like a trigger. Even in gryphon demo there are pillars that you cant go through. Main problem is to make a way to "build" Such environment like a inside of building and save it without big memory loss. Or maybe im getting something wrong, please let me know.
Thanks again!

P. S. Oh, and modding other games seems like a good idea too, ill check.

P#121351 2022-11-24 22:10

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 16:32:26 | 0.041s | Q:21