Cart #picoenix-0 | 2021-11-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Game for one or two cooperative players.

Fight against various enemy hordes, space phoenixes, asteroids, minibosses, abandoned structures until you reach the final great enemy in this arcade game inspired by the classics.

Features

-One or two simultaneous players in cooperative mode
-Seven different hordes
-Normal enemies
-Phoenix
-Asteroids
-Triangles Mini-Bosses
-Structures
-Final mega boss level
-Debug option that allows you advance a level if you get blocked

Game controls

Player #1
-Cursor left and right to move
-Z key to shoot
-X key / cursor down to use shield

Player #2
-Keys S and F to move left and rigth
-W key to shoot
-Q key / D key to use shield

Tips

You can use shield when shield bar is full (purple bar in the top of screen)
While using shield, you can't move the ship but you can shoot
Game developed using PICO-8.

P#100489 2021-11-20 16:17 ( Edited 2021-11-21 12:16)

Pretty good ! Here is a video of the original arcade game you can compare this with. Nicely done. Gold star work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwlhQziQ-kw

As you mentioned earlier on a different site about bad coding, I think I can take the cake on that one.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=45370

Check out the source for my JANITOR game. I'm not even using _INIT() or _UPDATE() . It can't get much worse than that.

Looking at your source here though it seems to be quite organized. You have nothing to be worrying about. There will always be a worse coder than others so never be ashamed of your coding. In any case I have been actually TOLD I'm a terrible programmer.

That just shows me there is room for improvement. :)

P#100553 2021-11-21 17:07 ( Edited 2021-11-21 17:13)

Hey! thanks for sharing the Janitor source I did not remember that it is not mandatory to use the _update () function ... I do not see it badly coded. I will try to port a game that I made in BASIC for ZXNext and it was giving me a lot of problems to port it due to the "need" to use _update() and centralize the logic there. For this game I'll need a bit of spaghetti code. By the way, I played Janitor the other day and I really liked it, but I'm terribly bad!

P#100573 2021-11-21 19:24

You and me both likely, @braindead. Action games are so fleeting for me now. Oh I'll play, I just never expect to get very far.

As for the code, thanks. It really is spaghetti though.

Regarding action games, the commercial CELESTE game out for Windows from Steam. I've played that. It has a marvelous options built-in to invoke many cheats just in case you are bad at games like that.

You people out there making platformers and what have you, might add some cheat options for those of us less agile.

Which reminds me ... there was a problem with that game Janitor running faster Online than offline. I need to see what I can do to remedy that.

The Star Wars shooter I reposted recently (to fix an error @zep created with his updates), has a very good timer in it. Let me see if I can't work that into Janitor and level the forced delays.

Always staying busy. I think that's the story of everyones' lives here in Lexaloffle. :)

P#100574 2021-11-21 19:31 ( Edited 2021-11-21 19:41)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 13:18:11 | 0.024s | Q:18