Hello all.
This is the current version of a metroid fan game I've been working on for a while, hope you enjoy.
Z is shoot, X is menu, arrow keys move, and Up jumps. Rest is up to you to figure out.
I'd like to eventually finish this project, especially with how much more I know about pico 8 and programming compared to when I first started this project. My original goal was to see how much stuff I could fit into a pico 8 cart, as that's always been an interesting topic to me. My next goal will probably be to condense what is already on the cartride so I can have more wiggle room adding the rest of the game. Anywho, good luck, the game softlocks after you fall into the long water pit area with the eyeballs.

Cart #metr_crimson-0 | 2021-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#96011 2021-08-14 20:16

This is incredible, especially for a first public project! Good job. Personally I haven't actually played any Metroid games but, whether this is accurate or not, it's a great experience to play. I will say however that sometimes it is difficult to find your way around.

P#96041 2021-08-15 11:00

Yup, I agree with wallgraffiti. This is very well made, especially for a first public project. Love it! I'm looking forward to a full Release of the Game^^.

Different Biomes with different (and very well made) Metroid-typical Music. I also like the Leveldesign. There are Details everywhere which is typical on Metroid, like flashing Items, the Transition between Screens and so on.

A few, quick suggestions: I would like that the Jump-Button is a dedicated X- or O-Button, not the UpArrow-Button. Also, a Minimap would be cool.

Great experience to play!

P#96042 2021-08-15 11:20

This is amazing... great start (or great game even if it never gets "finished")

P#96254 2021-08-20 02:30

Very nice game! Being a big fan of the Metroid games it makes me happy to see a Pico 8 Metroid game. I did find a bug however where when I got the charge beam the game crashed, but besides that great game in progress

P#96265 2021-08-20 15:13

Great Game! although I really want a download link to this music because it is fire!

P#103045 2021-12-18 02:35

Marvelous exploration, @St3amPunk03 ! I noticed the bombs are using non-enlarged pixels yet everything else is double-pixel scale. Your particles might look better being 1x1 as well, up to you.

As for me I'm going spelunking. Gold star to hang above the entrance for you.

P#103048 2021-12-18 02:56

I'm stuck. I can't figure out the significance of the blocks with the red arrows on them. After falling down thriugh the water tunnel, I'm stuck in an infinite loop of going right to the room with they eyeball and the 2 living columns stacked on each other. Finally found I could use fire to open the next room at the top with the little opening tunnel but it just ends and shows another room a little more to the right. No idea what I'm supposed to do now.

P#144403 2024-03-25 12:56

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 09:31:05 | 0.019s | Q:26